Bino repairs

Hw60sniper

I recently dropped my binos which caused them to go out of alignment ,after a few emails it became obvious that the manufacture wouldn't cover these under warranty so after a phone call I sent them off to Glasgow Binocular Repair/Viking Optical in Hope st Glasgow .They gave me a price on the Monday and after I paid they had them back with me on the Wednesday . Great service from start to finish.
Cheers Billy

Last edited:
I recently dropped my binos which caused them to go out of alignment ,after a few emails it became obvious that the manufacture wouldn't cover these under warranty so after a phone call I sent them off to Glasgow Binocular Repair/Viking Optical in Hope st Glasgow .They gave me a price on the Monday and after I paid they had them back with me on the Wednesday . Great service from start to finish.
Cheers Billy

Good show were they reasonable with the price my binos could do with a service.

Atb kev

Managed to sit on my small swarovskis and bent them out of alignment. Sent them back to Swaro expecting a bill for the repair. Two weeks later they were returned to me with a new frame free of charge, now that's what I call service. Won't buy anything else now.

Glasgow Binocular Repair/Viking Optical in Hope st Glasgow
Very nice chap as well as good at his job, he fixed Zeiss bins for me and I would not go past him for repairs .

My son sent them a russian scope for servicing cleaning and nitrogen purge on the 15th of november returned to us on the 1st of december, Sent it straight back on Monday 4th of december, shoddiest workmanship I have ever seen, Scope arrived back here Friday 6th december and the lenses still have dirty marks on the inside of the scope. I'm disgusted with them and wouldn't ever send anything to them again!!

I have heard that Glasgow Binocular repairs have now closed. Could anyone advise an alternative? I have a pair of Zeiss Jena Notarem 10x40s, a pair of Bushnell 10x40s and a Hertel & Reuss spotting scope needing repairs

Hi

It might be worth asking Paul Burke (tel:0121 788 1050), who is well thought of for repairing scopes. if he is able to help.

L

East coast binocular repairs would definitely be my first call, dealt with them a few times and they are excellent

Sent my binoculars back to Bushnells for repair. Had an email saying that model was discontinued and they are sending me the next model up FOC. I was not expecting that.

Back