Binocular Harness recommendations

pob

I need to replace my Butler Creek Bino Caddy Harness. The straps have lost their elasticity, much like the waistband in my trusty 1990s dancing pants, and my binos now bash me in the nuts.

I bought the harness in 2012, so I've had my money's worth out of it.

I favour a bare harness, not ones with a case. I have Swaro EL 10 X 42s if that is of importance.

What's good on the market currently? Recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you.

tozzybum

Had the decathlon one for 5 years now ,no dramas cost 7.99 when new .
Fits my ample girth snuggly ,well made imho .
When I upgraded to Leica Trinovids I added 1 of Monarchs cases to protect them fitts the decathlon harness well.
Here u go there now 12.99

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210608-162746_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210608-162746_Chrome.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

AGR

I need to replace my Butler Creek Bino Caddy Harness. The straps have lost their elasticity, much like the waistband in my trusty 1990s dancing pants, and my binos now bash me in the nuts.

I bought the harness in 2012, so I've had my money's worth out of it.

I favour a bare harness, not ones with a case. I have Swaro EL 10 X 42s if that is of importance.

What's good on the market currently? Recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Shorten the strap, or buy a box to protect your 'nuts'! 😉

Reactions: pob

Tubby10

I love the Rick young harness, got mine from croots, you need to watch the video to realise how useful these are. You can use them with any amount of clothing and so quick to adjust, they just work.

Unless you want some sort of chest rig with every accoutrement under the sun.

Klenchblaize

I love the Rick young harness, got mine from croots, you need to watch the video to realise how useful these are. You can use them with any amount of clothing and so quick to adjust, they just work.

Unless you want some sort of chest rig with every accoutrement under the sun.

These have to be worth considering if you’re only concerned with preventing your bins swinging forward when bending. I would however suggest swapping the metal key ring-like attachment clips for leather as they will damage the binocular tethering shoulders.

Its also quite easy to make something similar by simply studying this key picture:

Adjustment allows users to place hang binos where they want and they will not slip

If however you want military grade protection, lots of storage and don’t mind being uncomfortable in warm weather go for the FHF. I have one but seldom use it.

K