Birds coming, in at the deep end…..

A thank you to Paul O’ who very kindly came over last night and re vamped my dying phone with a new battery, charging port and speaker change.

With a new to me nv scope sitting on the .243 I had dialled it in a few days previous, It was in need of a IR which Paul was bringing over to try on the unit.
I had machined a pair of clamping shims so his IR will fit in my adjustable rail clamp. Paul consumed a Golden Syrup sandwich after the phone was fixed (don’t tell his wife) we fitted the IR and sat there quite pleased how it looked.

Waiting for it to get dark took for ever so using that time playing with various setting etc. So let’s switch on the IR with the usual up down in out, right a bit Bernie!
Not much doing at all….ah lets take the day filter off ! Know we can see that will work!! Paul was temped to come out but his time on the meter was approaching the red zone lol

Using quad sticks allowed more fiddle time with the weight of the unit sitting on them, some time back a lad who wanted to see how lamping worked came out for an evening. At the time I was using solo set up with a LF 170 on top. He said, it looks difficult taking the lamp off and on just to shoot foxes! My reply was diving at 100 meters with 5 tanks is a good perquisite for clipping a light on your scope lol.

After the rain showers passed the chance of a fox out looking for food was a good possibility. There is one fox kicking around who keeps close to some houses so my last muntjac hide has been staked to an oak tree trying to draw it over for a safe shot.
A dog’s leg of this block has often found foxes crossing to and fro. With my small red spotter I picked up a glint giving me a line to walk into.
It took a bit of time as the wind was not good also the moon poked through the clouds a few time, but I managed to dispatch the first ¾ grown out around 120 yards

With a hedge to my right I hazed my spotter across with 3 sets of eyes shining back…Cubs!

Taking my time with the NV 2 were dispatched quickly but the third retreated not to return.

1XELS35.jpg

Tim.243

PMSL thanks for letting that cat of the bag iam a bit like a bee for that stuff lol very nice hmmm thick as it can get in a banjo lol . But Having flipflops on and shorts did't lend it self to trotting around in the gnat rich evening apart from the stubble jamming its self in my toes :rofl:, glad the revamp has given that old i-phone a new life . After the blind leading the blind on the filters on Tim's new toy D.Px ten :doh: once that was unscrewed :coat: I was the first to look down the tube after having a very fuzzy picture for the past few min's thinking this is't any better than a photon mk 1 ??? :scared: but in daylight it had been so Good I could clearly see many hundreds of yards away crisp and bright ??? then Tim said how's that look now ? I said you need to sell it to me for a £50 note ! then I said what bit of grass do you wish to see :eek: OMG they are a world above any NV i'v used apart from Mil' tech gear thats just £££££££££££ to own ,driving home I expected Tim to WhatsApp any moment with got one , 30 mins later or so I was just home yup ping ! here we go its Himself , well feck me its :fox::fox::fox: Well done Tim it was well worth the punt in getting one at last lol. :tiphat:

PMSL thanks for letting that cat of the bag iam a bit like a bee for that stuff lol very nice hmmm thick as it can get in a banjo lol . But Having flipflops on and shorts did't lend it self to trotting around in the gnat rich evening apart from the stubble jamming its self in my toes :rofl:, glad the revamp has given that old i-phone a new life . After the blind leading the blind on the filters on Tim's new toy D.Px ten :doh: once that was unscrewed :coat: I was the first to look down the tube after having a very fuzzy picture for the past few min's thinking this is't any better than a photon mk 1 ??? :scared: but in daylight it had been so Good I could clearly see many hundreds of yards away crisp and bright ??? then Tim said how's that look now ? I said you need to sell it to me for a £50 note ! then I said what bit of grass do you wish to see :eek: OMG they are a world above any NV i'v used apart from Mil' tech gear thats just £££££££££££ to own ,driving home I expected Tim to WhatsApp any moment with got one , 30 mins later or so I was just home yup ping ! here we go its Himself , well feck me its :fox::fox::fox: Well done Tim it was well worth the punt in getting one at last lol. :tiphat:

Cheers Paul, a result all round lol

Tim.243

Cool. I'm looking at getting a new nv but I have no idea what to get. So many choices and so many opinions.
Regards Dan

Cool. I'm looking at getting a new nv but I have no idea what to get. So many choices and so many opinions.
Regards Dan

I was in the same boat! with a lot more birds for this coming season also it opens doors for more pigeons and stalking. Years of lamping pays off but so many want to fast track missing out the miles walked equals knowledge gained.

Tim.243

You managed to get your hands on a drone then Tim, now you can see why I didn't want to sell the couple I have, great bit of kit for the money, such a shame they have stopped making them

Back