Black sun v20 vcsel

Dari

I am using it with Pard 019 and 007.
It has a little less reach than Solaris srx, but much wider beam when on flood.
Whit 019 and V20 I can easily see rabits and foxes at 300m and eyeshine even further.
Due to its wide beam I prefer V20 on Pard 019 and Solaris with 007. But also V20 is more than ok if you are not shooting farther than 200m.

Cheers

dawnbreaker

Thanks man , the pard is heavy on the juice , I have to set the ir at 3 to get any kind of good clarity with the bezel pulled half way out does the v20 improve that any more than whats already on the pard, I'm only shooting out to 50- 200 yards, its more picture clarity im after .

Cheers

Ken

dawnbreaker

Nope but I can thoroughly recommend the Sirius XTL - get a great price from Colin - Remmy700 on this site (discounts for SD members). It totally transforms the 007a at longer ranges.
🦊🦊
Thanks foxy been looking at those yokes, out off my price range atm , paying aff the .223 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣 its just for the rummy atm

Dari

Clarity is more an issue of compatible scope and proper Pard setup, and onboard IR is definitely not a reason for low clarity.
Using additional IR will give you much more run time on Pard and also some confidence, that it will not suddenly shut down just when you are about to take a shot.

dawnbreaker

I am using it with Pard 019 and 007.
It has a little less reach than Solaris srx, but much wider beam when on flood.
Whit 019 and V20 I can easily see rabits and foxes at 300m and eyeshine even further.
Due to its wide beam I prefer V20 on Pard 019 and Solaris with 007. But also V20 is more than ok if you are not shooting farther than 200m.

Cheers
Does the v20 give more picture clarity on the 007 than the built in ir cheers

Dari

I can not comment on this, since I newer had any clarity issue with 007.
And I have used it on several different scopes.

Dari

Try to pull on board lens all the way out. It will give you more focused IR and probably more clarity. And make sure you setup pard diopter and focus and scope AO correctly.
Hawkes are very good with Pard.

Dari

Oh. I have the same issue with ir on Pard 019.
Just take V20 and you will definitely have better clarity.

Foxyboy43

Done all that, when I pull the on board fully out im getting lines cris crossed in the sight picture cheers 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Assuming your scope focus was sharp before putting the Pard on, make sure the drop down menu is crystal clear by adjusting the Pard eyepiece focus then never touch it again! Put your scope down to lowest magnification and set the parallax to 20yds, adjust focus/crosshairs picture with drum adjuster (underneath the Pard) and fine tune each as required. The onboard IR is pretty powerful so resist the temptation to have it on “spot“ until you need it at distance, just “flood” enough to meet the need at that time. I have found that cheap IRs offer no improvement over the onboard. If that fails young fella - Specsavers!!
If you want to see a few examples of the benefit of quality IRs private message me and I will bring a few along.
🦊🦊

dawnbreaker

Assuming your scope focus was sharp before putting the Pard on, make sure the drop down menu is crystal clear by adjusting the Pard eyepiece focus then never touch it again! Put your scope down to lowest magnification and set the parallax to 20yds, adjust focus/crosshairs picture with drum adjuster (underneath the Pard) and fine tune each as required. The onboard IR is pretty powerful so resist the temptation to have it on “spot“ until you need it at distance, just “flood” enough to meet the need at that time. I have found that cheap IRs offer no improvement over the onboard. If that fails young fella - Specsavers!!
If you want to see a few examples of the benefit of quality IRs private message me and I will bring a few along.
🦊🦊
Aye mate we need to meet up for sure, some night this week go to the perm I told you about 👍👍👍

mealiejimmy

Done all that, when I pull the on board fully out im getting lines cris crossed in the sight picture cheers 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Push the IR back in a little to get rid of the criss cross lines.
All that's happening is that you are getting close to focussing the surface of the IR emitter at which point you would see a bunch of discreet white dots.

Cheers

Bruce