Blaser Firing Pin

Claret_Dabbler

I know I shouldn't post this, ammo for the haters, I'm going to regret this.

Ok, I was out this morning, took the Blaser with the 222 barrel. Put the rifle up to fire and got the dreaded mythical "Blaser click". Only happened a couple of times when the rifle was brand new, haven't had it in years. Cycled the bolt, happened again and again.

Took the rifle home, stripped the bolt. Firing pin is broken were it tapers from thick to thin.

Someone please tell me this is an easy fix with a readily available replacement part.

Bloody thing has to go back to Germany for repairs. Thanks to all who offered help, the rest of you can bugger off.

The upside to the Blaser design is that my dealer will lend me a spare bolt that he has for the duration of repairs, so I won't be unduly inconvenienced.

Cheers all.

I know I shouldn't post this, ammo for the haters, I'm going to regret this.

Ok, I was out this morning, took the Blaser with the 222 barrel. Put the rifle up to fire and got the dreaded mythical "Blaser click". Only happened a couple of times when the rifle was brand new, haven't had it in years. Cycled the bolt, happened again and again.

Took the rifle home, stripped the bolt. Firing pin is broken were it tapers from thick to thin.

Someone please tell me this is an easy fix with a readily available replacement part.

how can it be mythical when by your own admission it's happened before ?

Bloody thing has to go back to Germany for repairs. Thanks to all who offered help, the rest of you can bugger off.

The upside to the Blaser design is that my dealer will lend me a spare bolt that he has for the duration of repairs, so I won't be unduly inconvenienced.

Cheers all.

i think it was only me that offered constructive sensible help

i was also going to suggest maybe seeing if someone had a S/H bolt for sale just to help you out

I had a good friend loose a bolt whilst on a hunting trip for his Winchester model 70 (Yes bloody idiot put it in his pocket and it fell out). He still kicks himself over it.
That isn't a simple fix as buying another bolt, as is the case for the Blaser and probally a few others.
I often use different bolts in my Blaser, and differant barrells in different frames.
Does not make one difference or affect accuracy in anyway.

Last edited:
Sako are good like that too. When I was running two m591's, one in .234 and one in .308, I mixed up the bolts one day, then when home got curious, took it to my RFD mate, and both bolts headspaced fine in both guns, and one he'd had up for sale was fine too.
But of course, sakos don't have the dreaded click, or break pins either

Isn't the bolt part of the proofing process? Different bolt no proof... or?
In the past I have phoned Blaser for some spares and found them extremely helpful. One good thing about the company.
Yes other rifles firing pins can go awry too, some seem to work forever. My old Sako is going strong since the sixties with more than 6000 rounds through it and on the second barrel without ever looking at the firing pin. Pretty sure my 1909 Mauser has the original bits in it....shot three deer with her yesterday. Of the 4 Ruger bolt actions I came across in the last years two had firing pin problems.
edi

Sako are good like that too. When I was running two m591's, one in .234 and one in .308, I mixed up the bolts one day, then when home got curious, took it to my RFD mate, and both bolts headspaced fine in both guns, and one he'd had up for sale was fine too.
But of course, sakos don't have the dreaded click, or break pins either

Are all Sako bolts interchangeable?

The above is the first pin break I have heard of in a Blaser, but I'm sure their have been others. And also in every brand.

I run a 260 rem and a 308 both on remmy 700 short actions , the bolts are interchangeable, having said that I've never had a regular bolt action fail to work , forgot my mags once on a hunting trip and still managed to single feed and carry on.

don't get all sensitive and defensive I'm just ribbing you a bit ! (flippin blaser owners are all the same!) (that was another light hearted jibe)

But of course, sakos don't have the dreaded click, or break pins either 

But they are re known (sako 85) for failing to cycle rounds out of the magazine in various calibre`s, lol.
Glad I got rid of mine and glad I never brought a Blaser, lol..

Back