Blaser Saddle Mount

blaire

Trying to fit my blaser saddle mount (with Zeiss scope) on my R8, but the mount is loose on the rifle. I tried to use the small Allen key type but on full tightness or further unscrewed it is still loose.
can someone help pls. Thanks

Uncle f

Have you used the special £16 blaser screwdriver. I had the same issues with all my mounts and aimpoint saddle mount until I discovered the special screw driver
cheers Steve

blaire

Have you used the special £16 blaser screwdriver. I had the same issues with all my mounts and aimpoint saddle mount until I discovered the special screw driver
cheers Steve

Starting to get dissappointed, can't get the bloody things tight. thought this was meant to be straight forward.
going to the range tomorrow, no time for special screw drivers. Don't understand stand why this is not locked in

devon deer stalker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS403CBKe9U
Have you done as in this video at 1:09
It can be frustrating but you will work it out, so open the levers, mount on rifle, turn star shaped screw with the Blaser screwdriver, attempt to close the levers, keep going until you feel resistance on closing the levers, then make final adjustments.
Good luck.
Cheers
Richard

blaire

Thanks all. I got there in the end. Much more fiddly than I thought it would be, had to almost unscrew it and then screw it back a few times but eventually it locked in tight. The star shaped screws took a bit of a kicking but never mind.
Cheers

Scarlet

Account Suspended
Thanks all. I got there in the end. Much more fiddly than I thought it would be, had to almost unscrew it and then screw it back a few times but eventually it locked in tight. The star shaped screws took a bit of a kicking but never mind.
Cheers
Well done blaire your not the only one that took that approach :D

stevekale

I hope you weren't trying to apply torque to the screw while the levers were locked down. Turning the screw requires no pressure. It is the levers which apply the grip/pressure. Adjust with them up and then lock them down.

philip

I hope you weren't trying to apply torque to the screw while the levers were locked down. Turning the screw requires no pressure. It is the levers which apply the grip/pressure. Adjust with them up and then lock them down.
Good advce above
adjust the torque screws on the side, this will get your stable fit, it won't need a lt, blaser driver needed or you'll scratch the mount, adjust the pressure on the small alan key on the tabs ( do both of these at the same time until they open and close stiffly but with ease.

you won't have to do it anymore, steady eddy is the way.

good luck

phil

blaire

Good advce above
adjust the torque screws on the side, this will get your stable fit, it won't need a lt, blaser driver needed or you'll scratch the mount, adjust the pressure on the small alan key on the tabs ( do both of these at the same time until they open and close stiffly but with ease.

you won't have to do it anymore, steady eddy is the way.

good luck

phil
c

thanks both. I was not doing this correctly, lesson learnt