Blood tracking LED Torches?

timbrayford

Has anyone tried using a blood tracking LED torch such as the Gerber Myth? Do they assist in spotting a blood trail at dusk or after dark, or are they no better than an ordinary torch?

atb Tim

got a ultra violet torch for showing up blood and its as bright as a politician ,far better imho to use an LED light .much brighter

The new one from LED lender is fab, p7qc... White, green, red and blue. The blue is close to UV so really shows up organic matter all colours also run at 220 lumens on full power... Really impressed with mine

I have found that the brightness of the LED is actually unhelpful to me. I can see blood spots best with my old 3 cell Maglight torch, that throws a more yellow(ish) light.
However since my Labrador bitch has been trained, I locate the spot, mark it and then fetch her. If I thought it was a proper runner, then I would leave it until the morning before following up.

This is probably the most epic of all blood lights on the market and is priced accordingly. Using advanced 600 lumen Cree LED’s and an advanced filter to further enhance light output, this light all but makes blood jump out and attack you. Most any blood light can track big drops in easy locations, but if you want to be assured of tracking wounded game like Daniel Boone, you will not find any better blood light on the market. Be aware though, this performance comes at a price in the form of low battery life, and a dangerously powerful light (see full specs) that can injure eyes or even cause blindness if misused. Used responsibly, this light is a must have for any hunter and is easily the best blood trail light period.

i knew that and you fell for the trap ha ha ha

Bottom line is that it is a heads up after reading what the writer says "you wont get a better BL on the market"

Back