Bloody women

Tf223

I was given a brand new kids percussion shooting jacket for aged 8-9 I think, all ready for when the lad shows more interest in shooting.

He’s 5 and a half (and tall), and already showing signs having helped me build a pigeon hide on Tuesday afternoon for the next morning, and immediately asked if we were going to shoot pigeons and crows when we finished.

Anyway with today’s rain, thought turned to the winter and whether it now fitted him, and whether come the autumn winter he may come out with me for a couple of hours shooting.

I’d tucked it safely under the bed drawers for when ready. Anyway looked high and low….
Turns out Mrs tf223 had charity shopped it some time ago… more or less because she doesn’t like country clothing as a style.

Fing fuming 🤬. Tempted to go and buy an expensive one just to make a point.

Tim.243

I was given a brand new kids percussion shooting jacket for aged 8-9 I think, all ready for when the lad shows more interest in shooting.

He’s 5 and a half (and tall), and already showing signs having helped me build a pigeon hide on Tuesday afternoon for the next morning, and immediately asked if we were going to shoot pigeons and crows when we finished.

Anyway with today’s rain, thought turned to the winter and whether it now fitted him, and whether come the autumn winter he may come out with me for a couple of hours shooting.

I’d tucked it safely under the bed drawers for when ready. Anyway looked high and low….
Turns out Mrs tf223 had charity shopped it some time ago… more or less because she doesn’t like country clothing as a style.

Fing fuming 🤬. Tempted to go and buy an expensive one just to make a point.
For better or worse.....or the charity shop.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Got to admit this made me laugh.
I would advise not to start throwing her stuff out, that's not going to end well. Just take the lad to the nearest gun shop and kit him out big time :)
Then if she complains you can say that if it was not for her throwing perfectly good shooting attire out, you would have had no need to buy new. And besides you don't want her son getting wet and cold when he is out with you, so you are making sure his physical well fare is taken care of.

James0586

This happened to me!

I went shooting the following morning without my sons as their gear had been tossed in the bag for the charity shop. I left them with a pack of skittles full of sugary goodness for good measure !

Knocked my phone off and arrived back at home some 5 hours later! In true standard fashion both boys had played absolute bollocks all day for the Mrs.

Funnily enough she bought them new gear ready for the following week!

Lesson learnt

Coddy

Yes, careful throwing her stuff out.

Good few years back i did some cupboard clearing and threw out some empty shoe boxes from wifes cupboard.
Few months later, apparently a box containing some shoes was missing.
😳.
Well unknown to me one of the boxes wasnt empty but contained some shoes that were for her being a bridesmaid.

After much tears and swearing (from her) i had to drive her to Edinburgh as this was the only shop apparently that had these shoes.

Well, least it was a quiet journey there and back. 😂

MagicLantern

I feel your pain. A few weeks ago I foolishly used the kitchen table as a workbench to put a different sight on my rifle and I put the original sight in a safe place on the worktop while I put the rifle away. The sight disappeared and it's not been seen since. Even my wife cannot remember where she tidied it away to, which of course is my fault for leaving it out in the first place.

However, what is perhaps slightly more annoying is yesterday I said I was going out to zero in a rifle and she asked if she could come along and 'give it a go'. Never used this rifle before, she rarely ever shoots, not fired a rifle for over a year, and this is her three round group. Yes, that's three rounds :confused:

three round group.jpg

finnbear270

Hanging the coat I'm currently using at any particular time, (Shopping / Just out generally / shooting) on the Bannister newel post, you know , easy reach ...................... ****** things have a mind of their own, find em' on the coat pegs miles away.

MarkD123

The worst I had was when I was fitting a new sink in the bathroom.
Put the pipe cutter on the floor by me, was holding the sink against the wall as had removed the pedestal, went to reach down for the pipe cutter, and she had bl**dy moved it!
The air went blue in a nanosecond!

Tf223

My rage has now subsided to mild disdain.
I shall do nothing I’ll regret, but instead shall bide my time, and when he’s properly ready for some proper gear… spend spend spend.

Last edited: