Blurring faces out of photos

dfin

New to stalking, taken one buck so far, first thing I wanted to do when i got back was show family/friends, but I see (very successful, much more experienced) stalkers blurring their own/clients faces out of photos, with much better takes on show than mine.
I know we try to avoid the agg from the veg parade, and negative feedback is expected especially in the South, but why do people do this/or even care what non-meat eaters think? I imagine there's a good reason, and don't want to learn the hard way!

I think for some their could be some negative images for their job as some will find it hard to separate the person from their work even if it is a completely legal and better way of getting meat for the table

If it's just your mates who want blurring, then they're probably skiving off work, or are plain coyote ugly.
if you take on paying clients and wish to use the photographs to promote your business, then you have to obtain the written permission from the person in the photo.
If he doesn't give permission (for whatever reason) you can use the image but have to blur the face.

Multitude of reasons I suppose.

I wouldn't want my work colleagues knowing I shoot, unless I've vetted them as o.k. about it and discreet, it's just aggro you don't need. Equally, antis can be a thoroughly horrid lot and if they can work out who you are might try to make your life a living hell. All that said, I take @Highfield's advice and just wouldn't put the photos up publicly.

However, if a guide etc wanted to use a photo for promotional purposes I might allow them but, for the reasons stated, I wouldn't want to be identified. So would expect them to blur the face.

It's a horrible thing when people have to hide their face for shooting and eating a deer... but that is what some people/companies are who have to meddle in other peoples business these days. :(

Under GDPR, unless you have explicit permission from the deer, due to privacy concerns, you have to blur your face. In most cases, the deer is shot before the permission is given.

On a serious note, if you search the news, you can see the amount of pain some people had to go through (mostly US) for trophy hunting, even though what they did was legal. Sometimes all it takes is an anti making a complaint against you to lose your fac or at least it will result in you having to spend some on lawyers. At times, its easier to avoid a lot of trouble with a little obfuscation.

Why do people pander to the anti brigade. If you are ashamed of your sport then take up golf or something else. All people are doing are driving shooting underground. The antis will soon be saying that if shooting is as humane and ethical as all the hunters claim, then why are they not happy to be seen to be associated with it.
Grow some nuts and stand proud.

It's a horrible thing when people have to hide their face for shooting and eating a deer... but that is what some people/companies are who have to meddle in other peoples business these day
Why do people pander to the anti brigade. If you are ashamed of your sport then take up golf or something else. All people are doing are driving shooting underground. The antis will soon be saying that if shooting is as humane and ethical as all the hunters claim, then why are they not happy to be seen to be associated with it.
Grow some nuts and stand proud.
I agree, and i've already posted it around my socials, i'm just thinking i've missed something as much better hunters than me are blurring out!

Reactions: TH4
Cheers all! Appreciate the responses, I guess its just a case of "at your own risk", and try to avoid anti's w/ nothing better to do!

Back