Bolt Storage when traveling.

martin_b

I understand I should carry my bolts separatley when traveling in the car (sometimes for several hours)..but I dont want to just throw them in a rucksack and have then clanking against each other every time I stop for a coffee. Can anyone suggest a case (hard or soft) that would hold up to 5 bolts securely.

thanks

Martin

Separating bolts... a sure way of forgetting they are separate when one needs it most. If you are travelling in car, youre responsible.... if you have to leave car for a short period then perhaps but under cctv in a busy carpark ie at a motorway service station for a comfort break?

Unless your conditions on FAC state so Id be leaving bolt with rifle while travelling and in cabinet.

A pistol case similar to this would be one way of storing rifle bolts, or a large tupperware container with foam rubber would be another. However I think you would have to be extremely mindful of the financial consequences of loosing or misplacing the case containing five bolts. Several site members have in the past lost a single rifle bolt and reported that it was almost cheaper to replace the rifle than obtaining and having a new bolt fitted to the rifle.

1653331355797.png

A pistol case similar to this would be one way of storing rifle bolts, or a large tupperware container with foam rubber would be another. However I think you would have to be extremely mindful of the financial consequences of loosing or misplacing the case containing five bolts. Several site members have in the past lost a single rifle bolt and reported that it was almost cheaper to replace the rifle than obtaining and having a new bolt fitted to the rifle.

View attachment 257781
And from memory I believe each rifle needs to be reproofed?
🦊🦊

I should carry my bolts separatley when traveling in the car
I am sure you could spend a lot of your hard earned cash on a fancy protective thingy.

Or, in true Blue Peter fashion you could make one from some pipe insulation and some duck tape.
See attached photo.

I have a cash box bolted inside the car, they live in there for the journey, or come with me in a bag.

M20220523_210314.jpg

Many years ago I was booking into a hotel in Dumfries I walked through the porch and there were 3 rifles without bolts leaning against the wall and when I walked into the bar there wer 5 men standing at the bar all with rifle bolts sticking out of their back pockets, It could only be Scotland.

Back