Bone saw blade

Sharpie

Either drill out another hole in a 17.5" boning blade and insert a pin (which might be a challenge if you don't have a sharp drill), or buy a standard 17" hacksaw blade with a coarse tooth, 1/10" seems to be what boning saws use.

I use a Kamlock boning saw, 17.5", and bought two spare SS blades with it, nowhere near worn out the first one yet, as an amateur.

The SS blades no longer seem to be available, but it doesn't matter, the carbon steel ones are fine, perhaps better, afterwards blade in the dishwasher, or if it won't fit, ( I have a small dishwasher) curled up. The camlock piece of the handle is aluminium, which dishwasher fluids will eat, so don't be tempted to put in the whole saw, wash that by hand. Then wipe over the blade with e.g. olive oil to keep the rust away.

This one: Handsaws

Blades: Carbon Steel Blades for 17.5" Kamlock Handsaw

This looks like the identical thing: Scobies Direct"<br>%26nbsp%3B&ItemNo=CT40001

They also sell the blades, they're only £3 each.

Glevum

I had the same problem. I could only get blades that were too long.

I bought a length of bandsaw blade from Tewkesbury Saw. I drilled a couple of holes in the blade and put two roll pins in it.

Most blades only have the teeth hardened and the back of the blade is left soft. I used a cobalt drill.

You can get stainless bandsaw blades, but I could not find a stockist locally. I used a piece of normal steel blade

Uncle Buck

Sconces Direct for me..local so very handy.
(at £2.95 each...... buy 10 or more
£2.66 each).

Last edited:
Reactions: jb1

Sharpie

Sconces Direct for me..local so very handy.
(at £2.95 each...... buy 10 or more
£2.66 each).

That's the one I linked, from Scobies, along with the saw. Just buy them. Otherwise just drill a hole 0.5" shorter in a 17.5" blade and find some sort of pin to put through, doesn't have to be a perfect fit, maybe even knock out the original one and re-use.

Dorset Boy

Thanks gents for your input.
The new blades that I got are from Rob at Monarch.
I have drilled and pinned the new one