Bonus Muntjac....

Tim.243

With the crop of Lucerne having its first cut I thought it would be worth a look for a fox, there is a 14 acre wood with lots of brambles also some nice clear areas as well. Been in there loads of times had the trail cams with no results.

Came out of the wood as the thick canopy killed the light, from a young age my Dad taught me stop short of the edge then take a look, coming up the hedge from a bordering farm was a Buck and Doe.

On the sticks for the Buck, in the hedge they go!! I guess the fresh cut Lucerne was too much of a draw, the Buck took a body length out of the hedge holding his neck still after lifting it to look around.........

Being close to home I took it back after leaving the pluck out hoping the stiff breeze would draw a fox out, only hares the rest of my walk after returning

Tim.243

Last edited:

Tim.243

Nice write up Tim,beats cleaning a caravan thats for sure.And Sunday dinner is sorted for you
Thank you, got 2 famers in line for it as it makes a good gesture for going over their ground. Also I don't eats it (only the fillets) I enjoy all the other aspects involved apart from the oven!!

Tim.243

paul o'

Got yah guns out of storage then ? is't is so nice when that cert comes back after the long wait lol :D nice read mty

Kjf

Great stuff mmmmmmmmmmuntjac,

them filletts look mmmmmmmmighty fine, the last roe I shot , I stripped them straight out of the gralloched beast. I gave them to the landlord of the pub I was staying at.

we had a good chat ( and a few drams) that night,

ended up up with a few names of local farmers, small sacrifice and all that lol lol,

lovely clean gralloched beast Tim

atb

kjf

Last edited:

Tim.243

Great stuff mmmmmmmmmmuntjac,

them filletts look mmmmmmmmighty fine, the last roe I shot , I stripped them straight out of the gralloched beast. I gave them to the landlord of the pub I was staying at.

we had a good chat ( and a few drams) that night,

ended up up with a few names of local farmers, small sacrifice and all that lol lol,

lovely clean gralloched beast Tim

atb

kjf
Thank you, I saw 2 does this evening with the last one coming presenting a nice shot, however I did hit them both a bit hard last harvest so just the Bucks are on Zee list for the near future.

I dropped off a bag with the fillets, front and rear leg to the land owner, also text a second farmer who wanted a rear leg that I have one for him.

They are good fun to shoot and it opens up the doors for pigeon shooting which on the right day is about the best sport you can get...

Tim.243