Book on Sika

JabaliHunter

There’s a book by Bruce Banwell on Sika deer in NZ and another about sika hunting also in NZ.

There’s a book on Sika biology snd management published by Springer, but it’s very expensive (I wouldn’t mind a copy if anyone is selling one).

Apart from that, I’m not sure there is much more out there. I’d expect there must be something from Japan...

dlz90

There’s a book on Sika biology snd management published by Springer, but it’s very expensive (I wouldn’t mind a copy if anyone is selling one).
I will second that, the book mentioned is very detailed indeed although more science based it's still very useful to the layman ie you and me it has a chapter covering the British Isles which is of interest, as we know sika behaviour varys with location but you can apply the information within its pages to your own observations I would recommend it highly..sorry Jabalihunter but I am keeping my copy...lol

takbok

Here's a nice little BDS / Mammal Society booklet that I've got:

This is also a lovely book with stories about sika hunting and some info about New Zealand Sika:

NickJ

Amazing really isn't it? We have, in the UK two books on muntjac but not one on sika. I'm thinking of writing one in my retirement.

NickJ

A book dedicated to UK and Irish sika would be well received get it started mate..

D
I need to afford to retire first! I'd also point out that I am certainly no expert on sika. I have stalked them in all of their four major UK population areas but would need to do lots of research and lean heavily on the pros/semi-pros on the ground as well as the scientists/vets.