Wanted: Borrow or Hire Trailed Flail Mower DG3 Scotland

muddy42

I'd love to hire or borrow one of these to cut stalking paths with. I've tried the usual hire companies in Dumfries. Any help gratefully received. Thanks!
1592989272684.png

I have one of these for cutting rides etc. Excavator mounted flail. Will do upto 6 inch diameter. Great for brambles, docks nettles etc and small self seeded trees etc and all other rubbish Shame I’m the other end of the country or I’d love to help you out mate

Attachments

• A46CB594-3E0F-4FDC-BE71-3B0B2A821D33.jpeg
    A46CB594-3E0F-4FDC-BE71-3B0B2A821D33.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 929F4A81-C803-43DB-96D0-E2549F0ED76C.jpeg
    929F4A81-C803-43DB-96D0-E2549F0ED76C.jpeg
    489.2 KB · Views: 71
I've got a Logic one like that. Ok for grass but you have to go very slowly through anything much tougher...heather etc. Going slowly on a quad is very sore on the thumb, but I've adapted the control cable to fit it on my little JD garden tractor. I would really like to replace it with a proper PTO driven topper, but that would mean a bigger tractor....my time is cheaper!

Too far away to borrow or you would be welcome!

I've got a Logic one like that. Ok for grass but you have to go very slowly through anything much tougher...heather etc. Going slowly on a quad is very sore on the thumb, but I've adapted the control cable to fit it on my little JD garden tractor. I would really like to replace it with a proper PTO driven topper, but that would mean a bigger tractor....my time is cheaper!

Too far away to borrow or you would be welcome!
I have the same problem, if you go for one get the flotation wheels as it gives a higher cut and would be better on Heather, if you are transporting by trailer make sure your trailer is wide enough to get it on , small tractor with pto would be better.

Regards

Wayne

I have one of these for cutting rides etc. Excavator mounted flail. Will do upto 6 inch diameter. Great for brambles, docks nettles etc and small self seeded trees etc and all other rubbish Shame I’m the other end of the country or I’d love to help you out mate

I hear a lot of mixed info on these digger flails. One camp insists there isn't a machine in the world with enough hydraulic flow to power one properly, the other reckons they're the best thing since sliced bread!
What do you reckon?

Amazing. That’s on a 2.4 ton excavator with just two lines flow and return. The larger ones will do even more work but require three lines flow return and dump

Back