Brexit adverts on TV?

FrenchieBoy

Just recently I have been seeing quite a lot of adverts telling us to prepare for Brexit at the end of this month giving us the impression that we will definitely be leaving the EU at the end of this month. I wasn't aware that there was anything definite about us coming out of the EU with the Government is such turmoil at the moment.
Do the TV or advertising companies know something that we don't?
Your thoughts gents?

camodog

Just recently I have been seeing quite a lot of adverts telling us to prepare for Brexit at the end of this month giving us the impression that we will definitely be leaving the EU at the end of this month. I wasn't aware that there was anything definite about us coming out of the EU with the Government is such turmoil at the moment.
Your thoughts gents?
I noticed this too. I saw gantry signs over the M 6 in early August telling us to be prepared for Nov 1st ! There had been none of this prior to earlier so called 'deadlines' ! This one does have more of an air of certainty about it though !

Tim.243

Your thoughts gents?

Morning Pete, I saw J Corbernite on TV talking how he was going to right the country so it must be true...lol

How are you and Mrs FB

Tim

Pine Marten

Your thoughts gents?
They just know they're being paid by HMG to produce and show the adverts. The reality of if is irrelevant. One could say it's all part of the government's wider communications plan. Or propaganda depending on your point of view.

It ruined my enjoyment of Plebs on ITV though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jimmy milnes

They just know they're being paid by HMG to produce and show the adverts. The reality of if is irrelevant. One could say it's all part of the government's wider communications plan. Or propaganda depending on your point of view.

It ruined my enjoyment of Plebs on ITV though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Damd if ya do Damd if ya don't eh !

Apthorpe

Well.....it's been Government policy and law for quite a long time. We're 24 days away and nobody has a better idea, so perhaps some advertising to remind people of the reality is appropriate?
After all, it's not like you can rely on the BBC or Guardian for anything approaching reality any more.

There's no point in continuing with more and more postponements, when Parliament refuses to either fold entirely to the EU's ludicrous deal nor back leaving without it. Postponement's not a good idea from the EU side either. They need a resolution too, and let it drag on into the next Euro-recession is going to make that harder not easier.

One of the odd ironies of recent developments is Remainers forcing the constitution closer to the American model, when a major point of the EU is aversion to Americanisms.

oowee

Because it’s simply good manners to remind the remoaners that the inevitable is going to happen.
And to get companies to spend on preps, and ensure they have goods in the right locations, and coding at the ready. For the rest of us just make sure we have the right short term supplies in stock.

blaven

Whatever your politics, and whether you’re for leaving or remaining, it’s an inescapable fact that it’s OUR - yours and mine, £100 million that’s paid for this advertising campaign. Are we all happy with that, or do we think that a few more medical staff and teachers for our kids might be a better way of spending this not inconsiderable sum.
I don’t remember being consulted on it.

potshotpat

Whatever your politics, and whether you’re for leaving or remaining, it’s an inescapable fact that it’s OUR - yours and mine, £100 million that’s paid for this advertising campaign. Are we all happy with that, or do we think that a few more medical staff and teachers for our kids might be a better way of spending this not inconsiderable sum.
I don’t remember being consulted on it.
Just imagine how many pole-dancers Boris could get for that amount. (lucky bastard). :rofl:

blaven

Just imagine how many pole-dancers Boris could get for that amount. (lucky bastard). :rofl:
Again, it’s OUR money that he’s ‘spaffed’ on treating this American lady to grants and foreign trips and god only knows what else. He’s a multi millionaire. I’m sure he’ll be happy to pay it back to the British taxpayer. I shall look forward to reading about it in the Mail! I’m struggling to see the funny side of it.