Britain First/English Defence League and FAC/SGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cervus

"Join either of these and lose your FAC/SGC",those so disposed had better think on this:popcorn:. You may get an unannounced visit...!

cervus

The point I am making Mike is that given the legal trouble that these organisations now endure is it wise to steer clear of membership as the Police are taking a great interest in their activities,Paul Golding is in Court soon ...the comment in the OP came from a security operative who should know .Political affiliations are monitored if they are thought to be not in the public interest with regard to FAC/SGC applicants/renewals.

Woodsmoke

Britain First is nothing more than a bigoted hate group, from what I can see. Pretty sure the EDF are the same, and I'm also just as sure no-one with an ounce of common sense or even basic decency will want to be a part of any group that promulgates such hateful bile. And I make no apologies whatsoever for that statement

plonker

Britain First is nothing more than a bigoted hate group, from what I can see. Pretty sure the EDF are the same, and I'm also just as sure no-one with an ounce of common sense or even basic decency will want to be a part of any group that promulgates such hateful bile. And I make no apologies whatsoever for that statement
Nail on head:thumb:

joed

I guess where I said I don't know how I feel about it relates directly with a worry of a precedent being set for greater police momentum being put into 'removing licenses'. Now I would expect most people to say, good let's not allow people who have a publicly intolerant attitude to society and diverse culture and communities from having access to firearms. However where does it stop.

I personally cannot stand the edl they came into Hereford the other day and I was offended at their presence.

Bandit Country

I personally cannot stand the edl they came into Hereford the other day and I was offended at their presence.
Why? Would you be offended by a group of SNP activists turning up in Hereford? Or Plaid Cymru? You talk about 'public intolerance' but I believe serving police officers are banned from being members of BNP/EDL or what ever the latest TLA is - yet the party isn't a proscribed/banned organisation. It seems to me that at times our democracy is built on rather shaky ground?

As for the EDL turning up in Hereford, I think you'll find that is a direct consequence of West Mercia's default response of obtaining a ban on any EDL parades/demos/marches in Worcester (where there is significant racial tension). They can't get permission to strut their stuff in Worcester, so they came to Hereford instead. I just wonder why it took them so long to work that one out....

Precisely. +1000

JabaliHunter

It seems to me that at times our democracy is built on rather shaky ground
We don't really have a democracy - we have elected representatives to whom we delegate authority for decision making. But a lot of water can pass under the bridge before these representatives can be held to account for the decisions that they make on or behalf. I'm sure that is at the root of the purported mistrust of politics and politicians....

I suppose that in the context of FAC/SGC's we should not really be surprised given the origins of the gun control measures introduced c.100 years ago in the wake of the Russian revolution, the troops returning from WW1 and the fears of the ruling classes of the time...

But it perhaps that is another discussion.

Have I missed something here?
Does anyone on here honestly believe for one minute that minority groups of hate filled racists, biggots and mindless idiots such as the EDL and BF will ever have the power or authority to say anything that might effect our right to hold a FAC or SGC? I suspect that we have a better chance of seeing an open season for the shooting of Bigfoot, Yetties and Martians that idiots like that getting into power!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.