British Shooting Show. Who's going?

Scotty99

Tell us what sort clothing we need to wear, IE., is it stiflingly warm inside?
It is usually quite warm in the NEC halls, but often quite a walk from the car park or a fifteen minute wait in the cold for a bus. I'll put on an update tomorrow night.

Poster123

Just tried ordering my ticket online. Gave up after 10 mins of faffing around. Incredible they can't get a better system up and running.

Klenchblaize

To liven things up why don't the Organisers sponsor a "Hunt The Last Tub of Hodgdon" competition? There's plenty of powder to choose from on the REACH list so this need not be hens teeth Varget but clearly a tub of something must first be found!

K

The Singing Stalker

Is it just me or is the BSS app and website even worse this year than previously? One week to go you'd think it would be better than this
It is a pile od xxxx and the way they advertise the sellers is xxxx. I asked them last year if they could put it in an excel or word format that I could download. No chance.

Odders

I'm currently 4 miles up the A446 from the NEC, having tucked in to spicy shrimps, followed by beef rib, then chocolate fudge cake & icecream at the hotel where I'm staying.
I'll be the fat bugger in a black Daiwa hoodie, Tommy FALfinger T shirt & carrying a black, grey & orange Daiwa shoulder bag & a hangover. :D

banus

could not get tickets on line ,told to pay £20 each on arrival,wont be going to that show! rip off

Chris J

I was back just after lunch. Traffic organisation going in was terrible. Usually pretty good. Massive queue to get in but then it didn't actually open until 09.30. Thought it would be quiet. Nope. Rammed. I was done by lunchtime. OK if you don't have to come too far but if' you're travelling a very long way, I'd suggest you might be a teeny bit disappointed. Handy to look around and options such as scopes and such, but so many of the stalls are so badly set up that once there are two or three people in there they're effectively blocked.

SimpleSimon

I was back just after lunch. Traffic organisation going in was terrible. Usually pretty good. Massive queue to get in but then it didn't actually open until 09.30. Thought it would be quiet. Nope. Rammed. I was done by lunchtime. OK if you don't have to come too far but if' you're travelling a very long way, I'd suggest you might be a teeny bit disappointed. Handy to look around and options such as scopes and such, but so many of the stalls are so badly set up that once there are two or three people in there they're effectively blocked.
Agree with all of that.
It seemed to me they'd crammed the stalls in a bit close, and as you say many of them were set up so as to make it impossible to look at anything. I didn't find anything that tempted me away from any of my money, the only things I really liked were definitely out of my league (and/or totally unnecessary)

Chris J

I'm actually still dribbling. I did some chatting and might accidentally end up buying a new Zeiss Conquest. I shouldn't but hey, no pockets in a shroud and all that. Meh, it was a day out I guess. But yes, a bit more room to move would have been nice.