Brno mod 2 bolt problems

blueeyes

​Hi guys was out last nite fired couple shots then got a misfire then couldnt get the safety to engage and noticed the bolt handle very loose just up slightly from the fully cycled position took the bolt apart but firing pin looks fine etc but seemed very week when dry firing,and wouldnt fire any rounds,checked it again today and now in the cocked position to put in action but when i cycle the bolt it un cocks again any ideas please tks.

blueeyes

Would that stop the bolt cycling etc as i say you have to cock it to get it in the action and when you cycle it down it un cocks,where would i get a spring in the UK tks jim

8x57

Distinguished Member
Let me get this straight it uncocks when you close the bolt?

Have you done anything to the trigger such as trying to adjust it, and the trigger blade returns to it's normal position and isn't sloppy?

blueeyes

Hi 8x57 i fitted a new thumbhole stock and have fired about 100 rds since the it has a yo dave kit but i just used the spring,and that was a while ago the spring was supposed to be a xtra strong one from Canada i got it wth the kit,i managed to stretch it about 3/4" last nite as i thought of weak spring but couple dry fires it was back to same size,checked it to day and wont even fire tks

Muir

Have you done anything to the trigger such as trying to adjust it, and the trigger blade returns to it's normal position and isn't sloppy?

That was my question. I would check the trigger mechanism.~Muir

blueeyes

Hows the best way to do that i have took the action backout the stock and can see the lever going up and down when trigger pulled tks

Hornet 6

But is the lever (I take you mean the sear) holding once cocked, or does the firing pin not catch on the sear.
Have you checked the + rated firing pin spring against the old original one.
I have heard of problems with the Yodave + Spring, the jP Custom spring is the one to have, the yodave is apparently
a cheap copy, and little better than the stock spring which is wound from piano wire.
If you measure the spring length of the one you are using and post it here, i'll measure mine later as a comparison.

Neil. :)

blueeyes

Thanks Neil i cant for the love of me remember where i put the rest of the kit where can i buy jp custom one and would the strength of the spring have any bearing on the problem,ps as i said stretched the spring put it in the bolt cycled twice and had lost the 3/4" i stretched lol tks

User00003

You've assembled it wrong thats all. i've done it a few times before...take apart and re assemble until you get it right...weak spring or trigger...b*llockz!

Hornet 6

I really can't see how you could wrongly assemble a CZ bolt .
As I said the yodave spring is not great, you would be far from the first to have an issue.
His trigger kits are good, his action screws and firing springs, not so much.

I suggest looking at the manual, or downloading one if you don't have it.
If it still looks ok to you them start trolling through the CZ forum on RFC
CZ / Brno - RFC

8x57

Distinguished Member
I can't see how you could have assembled it wrong either, but there's always a first.

charadam

Thanks Neil i cant for the love of me remember where i put the rest of the kit where can i buy jp custom one and would the strength of the spring have any bearing on the problem,ps as i said stretched the spring put it in the bolt cycled twice and had lost the 3/4" i stretched lol tks

A spring that can be stretched and then returns to its original length after use is not a spring.

It is a piece of spiral wire.

Is it possible that a lack of spring tension is the cause of the problem by not holding the sear in engagement?

blueeyes

Guys took the action out dismantled the trigger what i did notice was that one of the the two split pins that hold it had slipped out a tad tapped it back home and tried it now have cocking and firing (dry)and most important the safety works again so have put a touch of super glue on the pins,but will be ordering a new firing pin spring asap hope this has solved my problem and its another lesson learned for me thank you all for your input.

Hornet 6

Replace the trigger pin with a roll pin, never reuse that pin, it was peened over in the factory to hold it in place, that peened end is destroyed when a trigger kit is fitted.
Probably why these days the preferred trigger mod on RFC is the 'poor mans trigger mod"

I have a spare J&P upgraded spring sitting here doing very little, a selection of J&P action screws, a hot rod trigger shoe, and may have a roll pin to suit.
I used to hold a stock of J&P bits from doing bulk buys on another forum, but only 1 spring left. The screws are mostly, but not all, pre-loved.

Muir

Guys took the action out dismantled the trigger what i did notice was that one of the the two split pins that hold it had slipped out a tad tapped it back home and tried it now have cocking and firing (dry)and most important the safety works again so have put a touch of super glue on the pins,but will be ordering a new firing pin spring asap hope this has solved my problem and its another lesson learned for me thank you all for your input.

Those firing pins are pretty indestructible. I'm guessing the problem with the sear/trigger was causing the striker travel to be retarded in some way. Shoot it first before you order a new pin.... and make sure all the crud is free from the hole in the bolt; hose it out really well.~Muir

Missed "spring". Shoulda worn my glasses!

Last edited:

blueeyes

Replace the trigger pin with a roll pin, never reuse that pin, it was peened over in the factory to hold it in place, that peened end is destroyed when a trigger kit is fitted.
Probably why these days the preferred trigger mod on RFC is the 'poor mans trigger mod"

I have a spare J&P upgraded spring sitting here doing very little, a selection of J&P action screws, a hot rod trigger shoe, and may have a roll pin to suit.
I used to hold a stock of J&P bits from doing bulk buys on another forum, but only 1 spring left. The screws are mostly, but not all, pre-loved.

​PM inbound tks