Broken Purdey

PSE Composites Limited

alberta boy

Yeah , I love old hammer guns of any make , but that one is a bit rough . The hammer on the left lock looks to be in pretty bad shape as well . With enough money , you can repair anything , whether it's worth it or not is up to you . As pointed out above , contact some qualified people and see what they think , but it will be expensive .

AB

CarlW

No offence but, irrespective of condition, that gun just feels like a wrong-un. Not only is it a cut-and-shut, but - as others have said - the quality just isn't there. The engraving looks like a child did it with his dad's cold chisel.

If it were me, I'd either scrap it or put it in with Holts and see what happens.

JMHO, and I'm no gunsmith.

Best,

Carl

neilst

Carlw no offence taken by yours or any of the reply’s. I will follow up on the info and contacts that have come up (thanks again for those) and whatever info comes to light i will post. It’s something I’ve been meaning to look into for ages as its taking up room in my cabinet and i’ve often wondered about its history.

Heym SR20

Carlw no offence taken by yours or any of the reply’s. I will follow up on the info and contacts that have come up (thanks again for those) and whatever info comes to light i will post. It’s something I’ve been meaning to look into for ages as its taking up room in my cabinet and i’ve often wondered about its history.
Yes its a real mixture, and has definitely had a hard life, but its the scruffy old mongrels that often make the best companions with the best stories!

BRACES of Bristol - Dark Fox Package, Mauser M12, LIEMKE Thermal Scope, Wildcat Mod