Browning Dark Ops HD Pro Trail Camera. Anyone Using ?

Uncle Norm

I have been looking at trail camera options and came across this in the National Gamekeepers Association shop.
Flash invisible to human eye is essential.
Are any members using these and if so what are your thoughts on them please ?

I had one stolen, they're not completely invisible. Picture quality was not brilliant, but that could have been user error

Here is another one with excellent reviews and low price too. Same manufacturer as the Bolyguard ones that were well established and reliable.

Do you think that Browning make them? No I dont think so . they will be rebadged that if you can find the originals will be half the price i`m sure.

A bit like Stihl chainsaw oil..Stihl recommend their oil only,at a big price too..is Stihl an oil company?

Do you think that Browning make them? No I dont think so . they will be rebadged that if you can find the originals will be half the price i`m sure.

A bit like Stihl chainsaw oil..Stihl recommend their oil only,at a big price too..is Stihl an oil company?
I'm sure that you are right John. There are huge numbers of different cameras on the market and the specs get very confusing. Particularly when liberally sprinkled with marketing BS**t.
The Browning Dark Ops HD Pro is a lot of camera for the money though. My main reservation with it is the 1/4 inch 20 tripod attaching method, which is located in the base of the swing-open compartment door, so I fear not particularly strong. This is quite important to me as a suitable tree is sometimes unavailable, so a screw-in bracket or ground peg is necessary.
I am open to recommendations that are available in the UK.

Rebadging is very common with the names that dont actually make them. Bushnells are usually very good but are pricey.

A star picket/post is handy to drive into the ground and attach to,the deer accept them readily as long as they are not tainted by spilt diesel or man made scents etc in the back of the ute. But even then they weather well.
I have also driven old poles into the ground at wallows. Even though we have a plethora of trees many times the right one is simply not there.

Just checked one of mine which was brought back from the US by the farmer for me

Strike Force HD Apex is the simplest to use, a good thread fixing from the body and strap fixings moulded in as well.
one tiny thing as I have fat welders fingers and short nails the card is not easy for me to get out but the office boys will have no problem lol

9/10 for ease of use..

Tim.243

Back