Browning T Bolt 17HMR

I am having issues with difficulty cycling my 17HMR T bolt with CCI Gamepoint ammo. I never noticed it before using the CCI s has anyone come accross this, I cant see any scoring on the cases to sugest it is the case that is the cause but it does seem to be when the bullet is entering the chamber. I have two magazines and it happens with both so I dont think it is a magazine/bolt interface issue.

Thanks

Alan

walshie

I don't have a 17hmr, but I have had this issue in the past with CCI ammo in my 22LR. It seems some CCI ammo is on the long side. As soon as I changed to different ammo it stopped.

Cottis

Do you mean the non polymer tipped bullets like in the picture below?

If so, my mate has a T Bolt (we both hate it) and it fails to cycle these properly. The biggest issue with this problem is that he gave the 20grain rounds in question to me and I find 20g bullets rubbish. They were indeed crap so I just use them to condition the barrel after a deep clean.

Anyhow, it is either a length issue in the rotary T Bolt magazine or possibly the lack of a full taper to a point of the bullet that enables the round to move up the ramp in to the chamber. The flat edge of the hollow point can get caught up on entry to the chamber from memory.

Just another "feature" of the T Bolt's.

Cxa51l5.jpg

andychas

Do you mean the non polymer tipped bullets like in the picture below?

If so, my mate has a T Bolt (we both hate it) and it fails to cycle these properly. The biggest issue with this problem is that he gave the 20grain rounds in question to me and I find 20g bullets rubbish. They were indeed crap so I just use them to condition the barrel after a deep clean.

Anyhow, it is either a length issue in the rotary T Bolt magazine or possibly the lack of a full taper to a point of the bullet that enables the round to move up the ramp in to the chamber. The flat edge of the hollow point can get caught up on entry to the chamber from memory.

Just another "feature" of the T Bolt's.

had the same issue with my Tbolt and this ammunition, got rid of it in the end and dont bother with the 17hmr anymore