Browning T bolt

davelloyd91

Looking to invest in a .22lr for rabbits and to reduce costs at my club range as 6.5creed gets expensive shooting every week.

Has anyone got any first hand experience with the above? Seems to be one of the rimfires with a more limited YouTube content from the content creators I tend to put trust in. Is this a sign of its worth?
Is there much after market support stock wise?
Or am I going to have to accept being a tight northerner has to be put to one side and go for a cz or tikka?

Cz doesn't have to be expensive, I've got a 452 American in .22lr for £75 from Kibworth shooting ground.
And I'm half jock from Yorkshire troubles we got ,money we ain't 🤣.
That was a few years ago when they averaged about 200 .
Shop around, have a look on Guntrader ,but try and source 1 you can travel to see/ pick up.Best way to avoid scammers .
Local to me the cz,s dad Brno .22 only £195 as an example atb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240219_192504_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240219_192504_Chrome.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Cz doesn't have to be expensive, I've got a 452 American in .22lr for £75 from Kibworth shooting ground.
And I'm half jock from Yorkshire troubles we got ,money we ain't 🤣.
That was a few years ago when they averaged about 200 .
Shop around, have a look on Guntrader ,but try and source 1 you can travel to see/ pick up.Best way to avoid scammers atb
Are the CZ 452’s still worth looking at? Felt like a 20 odd year old rifle would be somewhat old tat now?
Had considered re-stocking one early in my journey through the guntrader rabbit hole 😂

Mm let me see ,it goes bang and wabbits and squirrels fall over so yes its worth it .
Age doesn't matter with firearms it works .

Attachments

• 20220601_015859.jpg
    20220601_015859.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210809_132020_461.jpg
    IMG_20210809_132020_461.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210809_132020_569.jpg
    IMG_20210809_132020_569.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20181110_122243.jpg
    20181110_122243.jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210820_231843.jpg
    20210820_231843.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 8
I had a T-bolt. I replaced it with a CZ.
The trigger was heavy. The bolt if it catches on anything can open and spit your bullet out. That did p155 me of and browning answer? User error.
Good things? You could put a spare mag in the butt,……. Um, that’s about it as far as I’m concerned.

I had a T-bolt. I replaced it with a CZ.
The trigger was heavy. The bolt if it catches on anything can open and spit your bullet out. That did p155 me of and browning answer? User error.
Good things? You could put a spare mag in the butt,……. Um, that’s about it as far as I’m concerned.
Thanks for the reply. The spare mag in the butt gimmick is fantastic marketing to be fair. Appreciate your experience 👍🏼

My brother shot a Tbolt for a couple of years, which he bought new . He has now sold it, the trigger was terrible and the mag wasn’t up to much. We used to compare it to my cz452 which is unbelievably accurate and all I have done is change the trigger spring £10 plus it came new with a Boyd’s thumb hole stock , a rifle I will never sell 😀👍🏻 Buy a 452 you won’t be disappointed

My brother shot a Tbolt for a couple of years, which he bought new . He has now sold it, the trigger was terrible and the mag wasn’t up to much. We used to compare it to my cz452 which is unbelievably accurate and all I have done is change the trigger spring £10 plus it came new with a Boyd’s thumb hole stock , a rifle I will never sell 😀👍🏻 Buy a 452 you won’t be disappointed
Cheers mate

I have one in 17 hmr. It is accurate and very light. I bought it for a change, I would go tikka or CZ if you do a lot of rimfire shooting. Mine has the odd outing.

I had t bolt in hmr & never got on with it. If the bolt was smoother it'd be a good design, but mine was very clunky. And the trigger is heeeeaaavy man!!

But I know @stavross has one & rates it.

i have just sold mine and bought a bergara b14 carbon trainer and love it as its built on a remington 700 action so you can fit any trigger stock or chasis that would fit a remington

I looked at one in 17hmr to put the thermal on for longer range rabbits, after some research and looking at them in person I bought a tikka t1x, trigger is easy to adjust if needed, it fits all the stocks made for the t3 and is way more accurate than I could ever hope to be…

I looked at one in 17hmr to put the thermal on for longer range rabbits, after some research and looking at them in person I bought a tikka t1x, trigger is easy to adjust if needed, it fits all the stocks made for the t3 and is way more accurate than I could ever hope to be…
The full size stock of the tikka is very appealing. I’ve been drawn to the begara training rifle for the same reason

The full size stock of the tikka is very appealing. I’ve been drawn to the begara training rifle for the same reason

I was in exactly the same boat, I looked at tikka, Bergara and CZ. I bought the tikka in the end as both it and the CZ were better by half than the Bergara (which itself isn’t half bad at all) but my local gun shop cut me a deal on the tikka and someone was selling a t3 GRS stock for a bird song so it made sense at the time.

If the CZ is easier to get and your not screaming to replace the stock then you won’t go wrong, if you are like me and know your job 1 is going to be restock it then I’d say the tikka would be your guy.

Shot my mates plenty in .17hmr. Trigger is crap and it doesn’t feed 20grain. Get a tikka tx1 or a CZ. The 457 is well priced.

In the past I have had two, .22 and a 17hmr. I like them, the trigger can be adjusted to lighten it. The rotary mag always worked well for me. Good solid little rifles IMHO.
CZ much more popular, and always bargain .22's about.

Back