Browning x bolt and mod

Hi All,

I hope you are well, I am currently just about to purchase a browning x bolt eclipse hunter in 243, been looking for ages and now ready to make the purchase, however my local gun shop has advised me to spend a bit extra on the sound mod which is a are ultra, anyone use these or have any advice on them as its £350 and I am not sure about them as they look so small yet the quality seems great?

Regards

Dan

tomblincoe

I used to have one. It's compact and very durable but quite heavy. If you are mainly stalking and not much range work then I would go for a DPT over barrel mod. Much lighter and a bit quieter as well. I really like mine.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice, again another one I am not aware of or stocked by my local shop here in Somerset. Are they reasonably priced?

slider

I have an ASE Ultra SL5 on my X bolt - as said it is very compact but a little heavy compared to some.

However the SL5 has now been replaced by the SL5i and has shed about a 1/3rd of its weight.

tomblincoe

If you search for DPT on here you will get alot of reviews from people. It's horses for courses really and depends on how much you carry your rifle Vs how much you shoot it!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Malxwal

I have both SL5i and DPT overbarrel with stainless baffle, in 18x1 thread for same rifle. Weight wise there's only grammes in it, but the balance is better (and possibly attenuation marginally) with the DPT. However, the SL5i is maintenance free and a lot sturdier. Ye takes yer choice...

Hi All,

thank you very much for all the comments, very much appreciated, sounds like that's the one I will go for as I plan to shoot with it more than walking with it.

all the best to you all!

regards