brush the problems under the carpet....

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

OKNic

Once again we have gone from self criticism to cannibalism, is there really the need to point out to the entire world what you perceive as shortcomings in a video clip. I realise your frustration, here is a stalk shown to the whole world that some may see as dangerous, this in itself will stimulate debate, the only difficulty is the debate although being conducted by stalkers is freely available for anyone to cherry pick comments which will do nothing but fuel the cause of opponents. I do not know what the answer is, complain to the show makers or maybe the sponsors to try and elicit a response.

It is very difficult because the discord that this video has caused really only shows that we as stalkers takes safety seriously and highlight what some consider as unsuitable shots, however by doing this it could be construed that we are not being responsible but merely proving what the antis have known for a long time, all guns and shooting should be banned on the grounds danger to all, we can't win. So with that in mind I am going to close this thread I think it has run long enough

close the thread - quick...brush the problems under the carpet....pathetic.

Hunting Solutions

Once again we have gone from self criticism to cannibalism, is there really the need to point out to the entire world what you perceive as shortcomings in a video clip. I realise your frustration, here is a stalk shown to the whole world that some may see as dangerous, this in itself will stimulate debate, the only difficulty is the debate although being conducted by stalkers is freely available for anyone to cherry pick comments which will do nothing but fuel the cause of opponents. I do not know what the answer is, complain to the show makers or maybe the sponsors to try and elicit a response.

It is very difficult because the discord that this video has caused really only shows that we as stalkers takes safety seriously and highlight what some consider as unsuitable shots, however by doing this it could be construed that we are not being responsible but merely proving what the antis have known for a long time, all guns and shooting should be banned on the grounds danger to all, we can't win. So with that in mind I am going to close this thread I think it has run long enough

Mate, what are you trying to stir up with this thread? :zzz:

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff

Admin try and run this site impartially, to a greater extent we do succeed in my opinion. This is obviously different from yours. But then opinions are like a.............. everyone has one.

There is no problem as far as I am concerned, except your attitude :rolleyes:

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff

I closed the thread after it had run a good while and people had been given an opportunity to say their piece, it was not done quickly in any sort of attempt to brush a problem under the carpet it was done in order to prevent it deteriorating into a complete slanging match and becoming a problem thread. For you this apparently is not good enough, pathetic in fact.

We have in the past have had people on here who seem to delight in posting in order to do nothing more than cause trouble for some strange reason they derived some sort of sick satisfaction from it. These people did nothing but cause genuine stalkers not to post for fear of being shouted down and bullied by them, we have been steadily culling these people off the site and I/we believe that recently things have improved however every now and again one of these nuisances appear and has to be dealt with. Now you have got me thinking are you one of theses nuisances, should you be brushed under the carpet, because I don't mind.

The choice is yours.

John

Kalahari

As a former professional photographer I am amazed at how people take pictures and video as gospel. Depending on the position of the camera and the angle of view of the lens used the view on the video may be nothing like the view over the sights! People should keep this in mind when they look at the pictures. Unless you have a proper plan showing the position and height of the camera you can read very little into any of these things.

David.

I. Farticus

As a former professional photographer I am amazed at how people take pictures and video as gospel. Depending on the position of the camera and the angle of view of the lens used the view on the video may be nothing like the view over the sights! People should keep this in mind when they look at the pictures. Unless you have a proper plan showing the position and height of the camera you can read very little into any of these things.

David.

+1. Ever turned up to view a house and find that all the rooms and the garden are CONSIDERABLY smaller than they appear in the photos??? :doh:

sonny2dap

I saw the clip the TC is talking about and if you had paid attention all the shots and angle of people on gun were staged for the benefit of the show, when they actually set up for the shot on the deer its quite clear the shooter moves into an elevated position, and as has been said already there was a lot of pointless back and forth and very little discussion of facts by the end of the thread.

2130martin

I closed the thread after it had run a good while and people had been given an opportunity to say their piece, it was not done quickly in any sort of attempt to brush a problem under the carpet it was done in order to prevent it deteriorating into a complete slanging match and becoming a problem thread. For you this apparently is not good enough, pathetic in fact.

We have in the past have had people on here who seem to delight in posting in order to do nothing more than cause trouble for some strange reason they derived some sort of sick satisfaction from it. These people did nothing but cause genuine stalkers not to post for fear of being shouted down and bullied by them, we have been steadily culling these people off the site and I/we believe that recently things have improved however every now and again one of these nuisances appear and has to be dealt with. Now you have got me thinking are you one of theses nuisances, should you be brushed under the carpet, because I don't mind.

The choice is yours.

John

:rofl:I thought you had closed this thread!!!.........you have to admire there persistence and innovation!!!!:popcorn:

David T

:rofl:

CWMMAN3738

Somewhere in my mind is a quote about being carefull not to become that which we loath, but I can't find it thankfully or I may be brushed under the carpet, censorship is never good neither is "culling them off" because you don't agree with them they have been trying to do that to shooting for years and we shout & protest the injustice of it, let us not forget this, or do the same to others, but let us Lead by example, for we have nothing to fear of the truth.
Sorry JABY last comment 1 too far for me.

The choice is yours.

John

paul o'

+1 feller
i think this reincarnation of the last post is very :zzz: unless the shooting show can be allowed to put the facts about the shot to us ! its needs shuting down aswell , i look farward to reading the letters in the next issue of sporting rifle or hearing about the complaint's in next weeks shooting show from whoever feels like doing it ?
rant over.

Last edited:

SDM

There's a road in the back ground busy road farm buildings further on in all my years of shooting never ever never regardless of angle should that shot be taken carpet Is not needed a bloody good shag pile sorry site for my French just annoying ????

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Somewhere in my mind is a quote about being carefull not to become that which we loath, but I can't find it thankfully or I may be brushed under the carpet, censorship is never good neither is "culling them off" because you don't agree with them they have been trying to do that to shooting for years and we shout & protest the injustice of it, let us not forget this, or do the same to others, but let us Lead by example, for we have nothing to fear of the truth.
Sorry JABY last comment 1 too far for me.

I think you are confusing free speech with trouble making and censorship with trying to maintain even handedness. The original thread was allowed to run until it had outlived any useful purpose and was the closed in order to prevent it becoming yet another slanging match, then we had it resuscitated by way of a sarcastic post.

Now to my mind the majority of people on this site are genuine shooters/stalkers who are interested in their sport, then you get the minority who seem intent on causing trouble and taking every opportunity to ridicule other posters. Well I/we have had enough and as it seems impossible for contentious subjects to be discussed in a reasonable manner then the moment they start to become obnoxious they will be closed. As for people who start the same topic under a different guise with no other intent than to cause trouble then they will receive short sharp treatment. I appreciate that you think it was a comment too far but I don't, the original poster on this thread now knows quite clearly that if he wishes to have a future on this site then all he has to do is display a certain amount decent behaviour in the way he conducts himself, it is not a lot to ask.

I should also add that if this thread starts on the rights and wrongs of that shot all over again it will also be closed.

John

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...