BSA Sportsman 5

Ratten

Hello - i've taken over my father's Sportsman 5 onto my FAC. It has iron sights on it, but i cannot find a manual anywhere that gives me the range setting adjustment for the rear sight. Does anyone have a copy / know where i could get / buy / borrow / steal a handbook or just help out with the various 'clicks'?

Suppose i could find out by trial and error, but that's blowing a lot of lead!

Thanks!

Muir

Hello - i've taken over my father's Sportsman 5 onto my FAC. It has iron sights on it, but i cannot find a manual anywhere that gives me the range setting adjustment for the rear sight. Does anyone have a copy / know where i could get / buy / borrow / steal a handbook or just help out with the various 'clicks'?

Suppose i could find out by trial and error, but that's blowing a lot of lead!

Thanks!

It's not that easy. Point of impact changes with bullet weight and velocity. You need to settle on an ammunition and do the leg work. ~Muir

Brithunter

Best thing to do is get hold of a P-H16 sporting aperture rear sight like one of these:-

48107402.jpg

48107347.jpg

48107230.jpg

48107442.jpg

​Most of the Sportsman series were drilled and tapped at the factory for these sights. I have the original open ironsight stored aware as it's not used with the Aperture sight and just got in the way a bit.