Building a doe box out of wood pallets

sauer404

Quick question, in the hope that someone will be able to help. I have plenty of wood pallets that I am hoping to use to built a doe box. Does anyone have any blueprints/advice on how to go about it? Many thanks!

Tony

Londoner

Following with interest. By the way, I had a look at pallet shed on youtube and there seems to be a large number of people putting pallets to all sorts of use. I think that certain ideas from these pallet shed/outbuilding videos are relevant when it comes to building a doe box.

mchughcb

I'm not sure the question, do you want to build a deer blind out pallets? Is it going to be on the ground, off a tree or free standing?

mchughcb

LOL! They got one of mine in the awesome free deer stand plans there . Bwwwwaahaaa.

Trust me, it may not be rocket science but for people that can't tie their shoe laces, or own a cordless drill they are going to struggle - a lot.

reloader54

Account Suspended
LOL! They got one of mine in the awesome free deer stand plans there . Bwwwwaahaaa.

Trust me, it may not be rocket science but for people that can't tie their shoe laces, or own a cordless drill they are going to struggle - a lot.
I've always been a more "hands on" sorta guy,used power tools/machinery of most types most my life, rather than the academic sort, I forget not everyone is as practical. then some are blessed with both, equally some have neither.

Monkey Spanker

Seen one built using 3 pallets and 4 long round stakes. The pallets stand on their sides in a 'C' shape with the two side pallets planks orientated horizontally.
The stakes are hammered into the ground through the gap in the pallet at each corner. Leave them high enough so that a board or tin roof can be stuck on top. A plank seat can then be fitted between the horizontal planks of the side pallets. Bit of hessian and cammo net helps to keep the wind out. Job done!
MS

Enfia

Nice to see people offering help. Not so nice to see people mocking fellow stalkers though. Well, it says a lot about them, really. Sauer, drop me a pm if you need some help. I've given it a go making one of these (at ground level) last year and it is still standing.

Cootmeurer

If you have a post driver and several steel posts you can set one up anywhere. I really don't like them though - the doubled slats seem to attract wasps, and those can ruin a day quickly.

My preferred use for them is as a shooting backstop. Two across, one on each side and two more across the back. Fill with dirt to the top and shoot away. Largest we've shot was .338 but nothing has come out the other side yet.

Here is one that we put up last weekend.
The frame was built by my neighbour who is the hunt leasee & the box was made by his son in law. The second son in law had the high lifter to put them up on site, next the legs will be cemented in. and windows fitted plus carpets to damp noises on the inner walls & floor. It will be used twice per week at least as it has a wide 200 degrees overview for shooting from.
BB

Attachments

Here is one that we put up last weekend.
The second son in law had the high lifter to put them up on site, next the legs will be cemented in. and windows fitted plus carpets to damp noises on the inner walls & floor.
BB
Nice looking hide.
When you concert the legs in makes sure there's a slight fall in the level away from the legs as this helps keep water from ponding around the legs and rotting them.

Atb
Ed

The legs do sit on rebar one inch diameter poles sticking up into holes that are centrally bored up in the wooden legs with a metal stopper plate welded on about 12 inches down to stop the legs sliding down them, then about 18 inches more rebar go down into the ground for the cementing. Should be a good system as the lease owner was working as a large crane operator on big building sites for 40 years till he retired.