Bullet sonic wave video

teyhan1

No, sadly not. I'm a bit more of a traditionalist.
I think its also fair to say that it is one ugly looking scope. But if your into Military looking guns then it looks perfectly acceptable ontop.

Wingy

Yes, I agree. I love my gen1 Z6i BT but with a number of rifles if I was to go down the lines of a range finder it would be better to go for range finder binoculars, that way they could be used with any rifle / scope, not just tied to one
Wingy

willie_gunn

Fascinating.

​The Site ran a long-range shooting course a couple of years ago and we got to try an F-class rifle (someone will remember the caliber, but it was big) which we were shooting at over 1,000 yards.

The memory that sticks in my mind is watching the vortex from the bullet - a perfect demonstration of trajectory. After a couple of seconds we'd see the splash as the bullet hit the rock, then a couple of seconds later the sound of the impact would reach us. Just wish I'd recorded it :(

willie_gunn

243varmint

There is a video on Feildsports channel a couple of weeks ago about the RWS factory. They had a clip of a sika pricket being shot. You can clearly see the vortex from the bullet.

Jonathon

news of the world

Fascinating.

​The Site ran a long-range shooting course a couple of years ago and we got to try an F-class rifle (someone will remember the caliber, but it was big) which we were shooting at over 1,000 yards.

The memory that sticks in my mind is watching the vortex from the bullet - a perfect demonstration of trajectory. After a couple of seconds we'd see the splash as the bullet hit the rock, then a couple of seconds later the sound of the impact would reach us. Just wish I'd recorded it :(

willie_gunn

Was it a 7mm ultra mag?