Burris Eliminator 3

AlexN

Hi everyone,

Can this scope be mounted using a quick release system on a weaver style base?

Thanks

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rowey

Got the original model fitted to my old bosses remmy 700. Had to get a picatinny rail for it (the rifle) as the mount was built into the base of the scope as I remember it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AlexN

Cheers mate, im hoping they do a quick release version. Are they any good at accurately giving you an aiming point at extended range?

Rowey

You programme the scope with the round you're using and it ranges automatically and adjusts the red dot sight you aim dead on. It works and he took many a deer with it. 4-12 zoom if I remember right but new ones may be bigger zoom. Decent glass but not as good as the swaro 8x50 that was on it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hillocks

Just set mine up on a Tikka t3 6.5x55SE and tried two three shot groups at 378 yds. First pic is before I adjusted for the crosswind. I'm quite happy with that.
IMAG0043.jpgIMAG0044.jpg

Hillocks

I got mine through Crockarts in Blairgowrie for £1299 inc VAT. I think it is well worth the money but haven't actually used it stalking yet and can't compare it with the 2. I have used a separate range finder before and found I often didn't have time to use it e.g. when the beast is moving away. You then guess at the range and holdover - this should take the guesswork out of it. The only thing I would say it is lacking is a remote button for ranging - you have to take a hand off the rifle to press the button near the front of the scope which is not ideal.

AlexN

That's some pretty impressive grouping there!!