Bushwear Quad Sticks - Adding a 5th Leg

Dcd87

Has anyone fitted a 5th leg to a pair of Bushwear quadsticks?

Im contemplating buying a Viperflex 5th leg after trying out my friends set of Viperflex Elite. I cant justify the spend on a full set of Viperflex but could buy just the 5th leg.

Thanks

Freeforester

Has anyone fitted a 5th leg to a pair of Bushwear quadsticks?

Im contemplating buying a Viperflex 5th leg after trying out my friends set of Viperflex Elite. I cant justify the spend on a full set of Viperflex but could buy just the 5th leg.

Thanks
Added one to a set of Mjoelner quad sticks, a smidgeon of tape and it’s sound, you can zero off it no problem. Good choice, go for it!

My dad has a 4stable stick and fitted a 5th leg with a Piece of rope. he buy's a cheap aluminium telescopic 3 leg stick for 30€(Belgium) and he can make 3 5th legs 10€/5th leg. I don't use his 'invention' because I have a viper-flex with 5th leg and i Find it better but for the money the stable stick with self made leg is good enough. He easily shoot out to 200/230meters

Attachments

• IMG-20210812-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20210812-WA0015.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20210813-222206.png
    Screenshot_20210813-222206.png
    67 KB · Views: 21

badbob

Interesting, wasn`t sure what the fifth leg was and what it did ( Jake the Peg).
Had to look it up ..see photo
Now I know Ill give it a try. Does it make the quadstick more cumbersome to set up quickly ?

Attachments

• SL_elite_hs-1.jpg
    SL_elite_hs-1.jpg
    770.7 KB · Views: 21

Jezholmes

I tried the viper flex 5th leg on a set of Bushwear sticks, it goes on fine but is a little loose allowing it to slide up and down - as previously mentioned a couple of layers of tape would do the job. That said, as I was in the shop I tried a set of viper flex and (the wife wasn’t there) promptly bought them. The Bushwear sticks height adjustment is at the bottom, allowing some flex if extended (if you’re tall like me), whereas the viper flex height adjustment is mid-leg making them far more stable. As you say, not cheap though…