Available: Butchery course Essex

You have no idea
the day is from 9am and often goes through to 7pm as some people want to ask questions and need extra help and as this is a hands on course we don’t just kick y out a 4pm
We run a 200 square meter fully equipped larder that I rent, then there’s insurance, there’s two instructors both require a wage
there’s sundries like Vac pac bags and trays and all other equipment that has to be taken into account.
The venison they take home.
Then once they are gone there’s the clean down another couple off hours work cleaning materials.

I wonder what price you’d charge..
Oh, I do . . .

Apart from having wages to pay I have overheads too for my small operation. Mind you, I only run it for small numbers so have only one carcass to source. There's still one-to-one tuition, electricity, lunch, refreshments, packaging, and participants get meat to take away with them after a 5-hour or so course, as well as training materials. Any longer and I don't think people retain the information. I charge a fraction of £200 though, and still reckon everyone is getting a fair deal. £35 each is the price for SD members, and not a great deal more for everyone else. Perhaps I should be quadrupling my fees . . .
Oh, I do . . .

Apart from having wages to pay I have overheads too for my small operation. Mind you, I only run it for small numbers so have only one carcass to source. There's still one-to-one tuition, electricity, lunch, refreshments, packaging, and participants get meat to take away with them after a 5-hour or so course, as well as training materials. Any longer and I don't think people retain the information. I charge a fraction of £200 though, and still reckon everyone is getting a fair deal. £35 each is the price for SD members, and not a great deal more for everyone else. Perhaps I should be quadrupling my fees . . . .
Yes if I was having one deer in for people to stand in a garage and watch me cut up I’d probably offer it for free
Oh, I do . . .

Apart from having wages to pay I have overheads too for my small operation. Mind you, I only run it for small numbers so have only one carcass to source. There's still one-to-one tuition, electricity, lunch, refreshments, packaging, and participants get meat to take away with them after a 5-hour or so course, as well as training materials. Any longer and I don't think people retain the information. I charge a fraction of £200 though, and still reckon everyone is getting a fair deal. £35 each is the price for SD members, and not a great deal more for everyone else. Perhaps I should be quadrupling my fees . . . .
Woodsmoke
Yes if I was having one deer in for people to stand in a garage and watch me cut up I’d probably offer it for free.
But as we give a full broken down demonstration throughout the day
And we supply Carcases for them to skin and butcher themselves and each client takes home half a fallow carcass they have butchered them selves and vacuum packed they don’t just get a couple of steaks that someone else has cut up.

Everyone that has attended has left very happy and left us some very positive feedback.

I guess it’s like all things in life some people like to go to the pound shop others prefer Marks & Spencer’s

all the ve
Oh, I do . . .

I’m very proud of the high quality courses that we run. I will leave it to the members of SD to decide if they want to shop at Poundland or Marks and Spencer.

Woodsmoke

Woodsmoke
Yes if I was having one deer in for people to stand in a garage and watch me cut up I’d probably offer it for free.
I think we should probably leave the conversation here. One of us is bound to post something that'll make them come across as a bit of a dick, and I'd really rather it wasn't me . . . . best of luck

Last edited:

Dengie Boy

Evening all,
I did this course with Dan & Chris a while ago now & gained a huge amount from it. Prior to the course I had never even touched a deer carcass let alone butcher one. I am now confident in skinning & breaking down & making the most of everything. A lot goes into a course like this & perhaps some don’t appreciate that. Personally I consider the course worth ever penny. Perhaps some people feel they already know everything & have nothing to learn. Wonder what value they place upon their knowledge every time they consider their financial worth per hour! 🤔

Griffon Woodland

Really? Not sure where you're getting £7/hour from, but never mind that. Lets see how the lads attending this coming Saturday's course feel once it's done, shall we? I hope you noted the point that's a forum member's price, though? They're all very well-established forum members (unlike yourself, I may add? Just a casual observation on my part, incidentally), so I'll be sure to ask them to give feedback in a separate post.

I'll see your 'bullsh**t', and I'll raise you a reputation . . . .
One to one means one person to one instructor
5 hours to one person
£35 per person

5 hours to one person for £35 = 7per hr

As to my reputation….awful …never shot a deer saw one once in Richmond park but that’s another story.

Griffon Woodland

Really? Not sure where you're getting £7/hour from, but never mind that. Lets see how the lads attending this coming Saturday's course feel once it's done, shall we? I hope you noted the point that's a forum member's price, though? They're all very well-established forum members (unlike yourself, I may add? Just a casual observation on my part, incidentally), so I'll be sure to ask them to give feedback in a separate post.

I'll see your 'bullsh**t', and I'll raise you a reputation . . . .
I genuinely hope your course is a success but no need to sabotage other attempts!

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing