Available: Butchery course Essex

crouch valley

Butchery Courses Essex.

Would you be interested in learning the best way to skin, butcher and prepare your venison? 🦌

A fantastic opportunity to learn new skills, with lots of 1:1 tuition with instructor Chris Brooks.
We are running the course on the 4th December & 19th December due to popular demand - places are given on a first come first serve basis.

•Prioritising quality of training over the number of people we are training.

•Take home half a fallow deer that you have butchered and vacuum packaged yourself throughout the day.

Tea coffee and refreshments supplied

£200 per person

Any further questions please get in touch
Or Call Dan on 07734140674
Email. info@dkwildvenison.com

Course is run near Southminster Essex

Attachments

• F678F1EA-AD66-407D-9426-80CBB900D94B.jpeg
    F678F1EA-AD66-407D-9426-80CBB900D94B.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 100
  • D35DC2AC-7C24-4CDA-BAA3-183C788327C5.jpeg
    D35DC2AC-7C24-4CDA-BAA3-183C788327C5.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 25019522-F814-44BC-BF6B-89B73D403216.jpeg
    25019522-F814-44BC-BF6B-89B73D403216.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 105
  • 01F9CEC2-3DA9-476E-A108-F79AA2693E5B.jpeg
    01F9CEC2-3DA9-476E-A108-F79AA2693E5B.jpeg
    378.2 KB · Views: 104
A days butchery tuition, refreshments, 1/2 a fallow for £200, may not be the bargain of the century but certainly not day light robbery. I don’t begrudge anyone making a few quid, be interested to see any feedback post event.
Fella's don't realise the hidden overheads in running a course like this. From looking at the website and picture's provided here you can see that it is a professional operation.

Having the proper insurance in place is a major but essential overhead and you won't get that unless you can prove to the insurance company the people running it are qualified to teach the skills. There's a big difference between having the skills yourself and being properly qualified and insured to teach them.

Most insurance companies would run a mile rather than cover someone to instruct a group of novice's how to skin and butcher a deer. Then on top of all the other health and safety issues to be taken into account you have the extra task of making sure everything is Covid compliant.

The proper disposal of the waste costs money and of course tax will have to be paid on any profit at the end of the day, it's easy for a "Fred in the shed" to gripe about costs but most people know it's not cheap or easy to run and maintain your own successful business, especially in the current climate. I'd very be interested in any feedback as well as I'd imagine it will be money well spent for anyone that attends.

At £200 a head I'm not surprised . . . .
Fella's don't realise the hidden overheads in running a course like this. From looking at the website and picture's provided here you can see that it is a professional operation.

Having the proper insurance in place is a major but essential overhead and you won't get that unless you can prove to the insurance company the people running it are qualified to teach the skills. There's a big difference between having the skills yourself and being properly qualified and insured to teach them.

Most insurance companies would run a mile rather than cover someone to instruct a group of novice's how to skin and butcher a deer. Then on top of all the other health and safety issues to be taken into account you have the extra task of making sure everything is Covid compliant.

The proper disposal of the waste costs money and of course tax will have to be paid on any profit at the end of the day, it's easy for a "Fred in the shed" to gripe about costs but most people know it's not cheap or easy to run and maintain your own successful business, especially in the current climate. I'd very be interested in any feedback as well as I'd imagine it will be money well spent for anyone that attends.
Thank you fair hill some people have no idea .

At £200 a head I'm not surprised . . .
You have no idea
the day is from 9am and often goes through to 7pm as some people want to ask questions and need extra help and as this is a hands on course we don’t just kick y out a 4pm
We run a 200 square meter fully equipped larder that I rent, then there’s insurance, there’s two instructors both require a wage
there’s sundries like Vac pac bags and trays and all other equipment that has to be taken into account.
The venison they take home.
Then once they are gone there’s the clean down another couple off hours work cleaning materials.
commercial waste disposal.

I wonder what price you’d charge

Last edited:
You have no idea
the day is from 9am and often goes through to 7pm as some people want to ask questions and need extra help and as this is a hands on course we don’t just kick y out a 4pm
We run a 200 square meter fully equipped larder that I rent, then there’s insurance, there’s two instructors both require a wage
there’s sundries like Vac pac bags and trays and all other equipment that has to be taken into account.
The venison they take home.
Then once they are gone there’s the clean down another couple off hours work cleaning materials.
commercial waste disposal.

I've done this course and can't recommend it highly enough. Chris and Dan are both excellent teachers, their expertise is second to none. The amount of venison you take home is incredible, both in quality and volume. What you would pay for the meat alone is more than the cost of the course.
I have gained an incredible amount of knowledge in just one day.
Thanks Guys well worth the money 👍👍👍

These courses are well worth £200! Our day started at 9am and we finished about 5.30-6pm. Everything was covered, every question answered with a practical demonstration and the course ran at a pace to suit everyone’s ability with nobody being left behind trying to catch up. The 1-1 tuition is nothing short of just that! Help available with every single cut if you require it. There was a really good variety of cuts and methods and you could choose exactly what joints/cuts you wished to take home. I was already fairly comfortable skinning and cutting to a good standard but I learnt something at every possible opportunity on my day with Dan and Chris. The whole premises have been set up with nothing but high standards in mind, you have the best of everything to use from knives and sharpeners right through to vacuum packaging and labelling equipment. I couldn’t recommend this day highly enough and would not hesitate to book.

You have no idea
Oh, I do . . .
Apart from having wages to pay I have overheads too for my small operation. Mind you, I only run it for small numbers so have only one carcass to source. There's still one-to-one tuition, electricity, lunch, refreshments, packaging, and participants get meat to take away with them after a 5-hour or so course, as well as training materials. Any longer and I don't think people retain the information. I charge a fraction of £200 though, and still reckon everyone is getting a fair deal. £35 each is the price for SD members, and not a great deal more for everyone else. Perhaps I should be quadrupling my fees . . . .

Last edited:
And so it starts AGAIN !!
Surly its up to the guys who wish to attend and gain value out of the training , The post should't end up as so many others have done and do on the SD ! that being way OFF SUBJECT AND A BUN FIGHT FFS. no wonder many just don't bother anymore ??
:doh:

Oh, I do . . .

Apart from having wages to pay I have overheads too for my small operation. Mind you, I only run it for small numbers so have only one carcass to source. There's still one-to-one tuition, electricity, lunch, refreshments, packaging, and participants get meat to take away with them after a 5-hour or so course, as well as training materials. Any longer and I don't think people retain the information. I charge a fraction of £200 though, and still reckon everyone is getting a fair deal. £35 each is the price for SD members, and not a great deal more for everyone else. Perhaps I should be quadrupling my fees . . . .
That sounds a great offer.
As someone who has done the course advertised I have to say that it really is excellent value for money.
If what you offer is anything like for like maybe you should put your prices up.
Your expertise are worth paying for and people won't begrudge doing so if they get value for money.

Oh, I do . . .

One to one tuition
Electricity
Refreshments
Lunch
Packaging
Meat to take away
5 hrs tuition
Training materials
£35

£7 per hour including all the above

Bull***t

Really? Not sure where you're getting £7/hour from, but never mind that. Lets see how the lads attending this coming Saturday's course feel once it's done, shall we? I hope you noted the point that's a forum member's price, though? They're all very well-established forum members (unlike yourself, I may add? Just a casual observation on my part, incidentally), so I'll be sure to ask them to give feedback in a separate post.

I'll see your 'bullsh**t', and I'll raise you a reputation . . . .

Crouch Valley, I really don't think you will have much trouble filling your courses. In terms of value for money and expertise the recommendations speak for themselves.
Keep up the good work guys, it's always a pleasure to be able to send anything your way with the knowledge that nobody will come away disappointed. 👍

Back