Calf

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!

John Gryphon

Standing among the stringy`s.

calfgully1_zpsa31a3fca.jpg

calfgully2_zps31efe24a.jpg

Swado

I managed to get under 30m on a calf over the weekend trying to get a snap. But was to thick to get a focus on it. Sun hit the face, thermals changed and all over...
You are far better at getting these live sambar pics them me JG... lol

John Gryphon

That light bush the calf is in helps of course Benny. Even so it is far steeper than the camera allows..its not a mornings walk in the Cotswold's eh!

Swado

... and would not change that for quids... lol

had a bit of rain the night before, nice and quiet under foot. Managed to get in on a few deer, but no stags unfortunately.
Was one of my best/favorite days in the bush in a long time... unfortunately no pics

Loki

Hi

Definately not a 'walkabout' in England!

I am sure any 'sorting-out' thereafter certainly going to be 'entertaining'..........

L

Loki

Hiya John

I know 'Redbull' and all that sort of mullarky - not sure it would pick me up enough to do the necessary on them here Sambar of yours - even if 'only' a 'calf'......................

Having said that your 'local boys' may well brew up some equivalent that serves the purpose well.......

Cheers, L

John Gryphon

We hunt the place above because it is not thick,true!
We have shot plenty of deer in that type of ground,if you can shoot a bit you will stop them.

sinbad

Next time you get over to the UK John, you are welcome to a day on the new ground nr kendal, certanly not a walk in the park mate.
Ill pm you the details to have a look on google maps.
Paul

Swado

Why aren't you rolling a few of them for the snag factory at home?
About to fly over to the UK and Europe to visit and holiday with the inlaws again... would hate for the power to go and waste it... can go out and drop one when I get back, plus I'm on a mission for a 26 plus stag... lol

John Gryphon

ah so you fell for my well laid trap Paul..very good! :D

Havent received the links yet mate.

All TIC of course with a laugh,I hunted Ireland last year and found some very rough ground in places,the Wicklows were rugged on wet foggy days.

Last edited:

John Gryphon

About to fly over to the UK and Europe to visit and holiday with the inlaws again... would hate for the power to go and waste it... can go out and drop one when I get back, plus I'm on a mission for a 26 plus stag... lol

Did you ever post about your hunting there last year?

Swado

Did you ever post about your hunting there last year?

No John, I was always brought up with the idea that 'if you have no thing nice to say, shut your mouth'
I was not happy with large parts of the service I received and had a bad run with the weather also...

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing