Car undercarriage cleaning and rust prevention

Ackers-303

Hi all,

Recently purchased a second hand Audi and looking for a service in the south that can deep clean and treat all the undercarriage/suspension system/control arms etc for rust.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

If it’s already rusted you’re really throwing good money at bad money. Maybe worth just leaving as is. If it is just a few spots, may be worth investing in - if you plan to keep it long term

underseal and the likes just make it look pretty, but all your doing is trapping in the rust, prevention needs doing very early on in a cars life, with out weather and salty roads, we are all doomed,
4-5 years ago i bought a jap import disco 2 V8 2004, you have never seen anything like it, like absolute brand new underneath,

I'd go and see the venues process of cleaning, rust converter application then coating with semi rigid coating. No doubt at all in my mind it will prolong the life of any chassis.

underseal and the likes just make it look pretty, but all your doing is trapping in the rust, prevention needs doing very early on in a cars life, with out weather and salty roads, we are all doomed,
4-5 years ago i bought a jap import disco 2 V8 2004, you have never seen anything like it, like absolute brand new underneath,
The South West guys will first get the vehicle up and have a good look round. If it is beyond what they can do, then they'll tell you.
If it is still good steel, they'll clean the underneath, taking off trim, guards and plastic to get to all the areas. They'll then treat all the rust to stop it going further, and will then coat it.
It's not just a Fred in a shed slapping on Hammerite over rust.

Has a quote to Dinitrol my Grand Vitara 18 months ago. Close to £2k!
Saying that full steam clean removal of all rust treating prior to application of Dinitrol. Lengthy waiting list.
Buzzweld in Yate offers the service you need give them a call.
D

Has a quote to Dinitrol my Grand Vitara 18 months ago. Close to £2k!
Saying that full steam clean removal of all rust treating prior to application of Dinitrol. Lengthy waiting list.
Buzzweld in Yate offers the service you need give them a call.
D
My friend had a price in Cornwall for less than £1k on a Hilux using Dinitrol

My late fathers defender 90 got lifted with the forklift, steam cleaned thoroughly on a hot day and when it was dry sprayed with a 50:50 mix of waxoyl and triad 46 hydraulic oil.
Did the same for my Isuzu dmax which is now 10 years old, it has the odd dusting of rust on parts that get scrubbed off on grass or stubbles but shes still solid.

Back