case query.

Irishyorkie

Hi , im new to reloading and have most of the the gear together bar a powder trickler. I have tumbled, neck sized, deburred and chamfered the once fired sako brass I have shot in my rifle. when measuring the case length im getting 2.163 inch measurement, I have looked at many reloading publications and im getting varied data on the case length some say the max is 2.165 inch, others much shorter.

can anyone shine any light on it , are they ok to start reloading or should I invest in a trimmer?

​Many thanks N.I

Hi , im new to reloading and have most of the the gear together bar a powder trickler. I have tumbled, neck sized, deburred and chamfered the once fired sako brass I have shot in my rifle. when measuring the case length im getting 2.163 inch measurement, I have looked at many reloading publications and im getting varied data on the case length some say the max is 2.165 inch, others much shorter.

can anyone shine any light on it , are they ok to start reloading or should I invest in a trimmer?

​Many thanks N.I

they will be fione for this firing , i would suggest getting a trimmer and trim on the next firing

send us a pm if you need further help

atb mark

many thanks, if the case length is on the max limit would they still be ok mark? or should it ideally be a certain length?

thanks.

Some manuals list "Trim to" length, some list "max length". I never shoot cases at max length and trim at every reloading, FWIW~Muir

I think I will trim them to be safe , better to be away from the max, that leads on to what type of case trimmer is best suited ? Dont want to spend an arm and a leg at this stage on starting reloading? any thoughts.

​many thanks

I think I will trim them to be safe , better to be away from the max, that leads on to what type of case trimmer is best suited ? Dont want to spend an arm and a leg at this stage on starting reloading? any thoughts.

​many thanks
I would think about one of the Lee trimmers - cuts all the guesswork out, they're very easy to use and only cost a couple of pounds. Getting them all the same is part of the trick to making accurate ammo. Once you get into your reloading you will have plenty of time to think about what "proper" trimmer you want.
Likewise with a trickler - Nice to have but not essential to start with, much more important to invest in a reasonable beam scale.

thanks 1066 ill try the lee one. yes I think thats what ill invest/upgrade in next from the kit I bought I find the lee beam scale a bit of a fath.

many thanks. Irish Yorkie

Back