Certificate conditions.

CDSG Shooting Sports

Bertie Dastard

I have just recieved my renewed certificate in the post.

On my previous cert I only had open conditions on my rimfire rifles.As requested my .308 and .223 have also been opened :D.

My old cert still has a month to run until expiry and my new cert is dated from then.

At my home visit ,I was instructed to post my old cert to them when I recieved my new one.

Is my new certificate and conditions valid now, Or do I have to wait until the date on the cert.

I also need to buy some ammo. Which cert do I use? (Is the old one still valid).:confused:

smullery

Bertie,

Your old certificate will have valid from and valid until dates on it. From what you say you still have one month validity on it. You also say that the valid from date on your new certificate is from/after the valid until date on your old.

Your old certificate is therefore your current certificate until you hit the end date.

Stan

Bertie Dastard

Bertie,

Your old certificate will have valid from and valid until dates on it. From what you say you still have one month validity on it. You also say that the valid from date on your new certificate is from/after the valid until date on your old.

Your old certificate is therefore your current certificate until you hit the end date.

Stan

That is how I also read it.
It was just the FEO's instruction to post the old one to them on receipt of the new one that confused me.

Gaz

Bertie,

Stan
x1 and I would also keep hold of your old (current) certificate until the expired date. Gaz

Sinistral

Bertie,

Stan

I can't agree with that as it lacks legal certainty. That's why the old certificate is usually requested at Renewal. Not compulsory, but is does save hassle and helps them check ammunition takeup, etc.

Your replacement FAC is valid from the Date of Issue as signed by the CC, and is binding as soon as you sign it (which of course you have to immediately on receipt). It's quite common for FLD's to issue new FAC's months before the expiry of the previous Certificate. RFD's often go on the new certificate obviously - if you have it in your possession then it's valid, and supersedes the old.

Gaz

I can't agree with that as it lacks legal certainty. That's why the old certificate is usually requested at Renewal. Not compulsory, but is does save hassle and helps them check ammunition takeup, etc.

Your replacement FAC is valid from the Date of Issue as signed by the CC, and is binding as soon as you sign it (which of course you have to immediately on receipt). It's quite common for FLD's to issue new FAC's months before the expiry of the previous Certificate. RFD's often go on the new certificate obviously - if you have it in your possession then it's valid, and supersedes the old.
If it was a straight renewal then yes I would agree but as there are now variations in the wordings and conditions on the new Certificate then I think it is not the case. To be safe I would ring a legal dept of dare I say it BASC.

The tramp

Simple.
If your 'old' cert is valid till (eg) 01/10/2013, and the 'new' cert FROM 02/10/2013, then your 'old' cert is still in force and valid, until the expiry date, or, the start date of the 'new' cert, whichever is soonest.
Any conditions on the 'old' cert, are still in force until the 'new' cert comes into force.

Picture this,
car declared sorn, you tax it a week early for six months, it has a start date, but, you drive your car before the start of the first day, of the first of the six months you taxed it for, and get pulled, you will still be prosecuted for driving without a valid tax disc.

Dont risk not having a valid ticket, keep hold of, and use the 'old' ticket until the new one is in force, then send it back, if you are worried, include a note explaining why you kept it until the new cert became valid.

Regards
​Pete

Bertie Dastard

I phoned Carbrook House today.

After some discussion they said that my new cert was valid now. But if I want to, I can still keep my old one until it expires.

I am not convinced, So I'll play safe until the dates tally.

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope