Wanted: Chamois

Uncle f

Evening guys. Does anyone have any contacts with any agents/persons who can arrange a chamois hunt in Europe for two people next year. Not bothered where really but fancy Slovenia or Austria
but again don't care really if it's alpine, balken or elsewhere

any help would be greatly appreciated
regards steve

sws

Hi Steve,
I've hunted Switzerland for Alpine, Spain for Cantabrian and Pyrenean and New Zealand (where i live) for Alpine.
I know a couple of ways of getting either into a chamois in Switzerland or Spain. Feel free to send me a PM and I'll send you the ways I did it.
Best
SWS

Pine Marten

Do you speak a bit of French? Prices in France are half of the rest. I have ​never tried them as I have direct tags from locals, but prices are great:
Phoebus, chasse au grand gibier
If you look of the Office National des Forêts website, they offer a wide range of hunting opportunities in public areas all over France including guided chamois hunting. It's a somewhat clunky site but worth persevering with. As an example, look at page 16 of this PDF for pricing: http://www.onf.fr/outils/medias/20160510-094851-461584/++files++/1

cazadormad

Evening guys. Does anyone have any contacts with any agents/persons who can arrange a chamois hunt in Europe for two people next year. Not bothered where really but fancy Slovenia or Austria
but again don't care really if it's alpine, balken or elsewhere

any help would be greatly appreciated
regards steve

Hi.
Are they interested in Balkan chamois hunting in Bulgaria.
Good accommodation, hunting services and 100 % success rate.
regards velik

sh1kar

I have hunted with Safari International in Macedonia. Successfully shot Mouflon, Chamois, Boar, Fallow and Wolf (which can't be exported BTW)
The Chamois hunting was undertaking in very spectacular mountains (14k feet) and although the Lada Cossack gets you some of the way be prepared to walk a fair bit and also have the weather change from sunshine to heavy snow at random. Shots tended to be long - usually 300 plus. Scenery tho well worth it

This outfit then has hunting ground in south on border with Greece which travelled to for the rest of the animals. Hunted less steep ground in a mix of scrub oak/cork trees. Much warmer and plenty of game Had a few blank wolf drives then ended up nightvision shooting over an area next to a huge pig farm where they dumped stillborn piglets! Had a very cold night in a sleeping back on top of a water tower, but was successful in the end

You can then spend a bit of time sightseeing. Lake Ohrid very picturesque with old Knights Templar churches etc Ohh and a very tasty local trout Which I believe is supposed to be protected....

jani

I have hunted with Safari International in Macedonia. Successfully shot Mouflon, Chamois, Boar, Fallow and Wolf (which can't be exported BTW)
The Chamois hunting was undertaking in very spectacular mountains (14k feet) and although the Lada Cossack gets you some of the way be prepared to walk a fair bit and also have the weather change from sunshine to heavy snow at random. Shots tended to be long - usually 300 plus. Scenery tho well worth it

This outfit then has hunting ground in south on border with Greece which travelled to for the rest of the animals. Hunted less steep ground in a mix of scrub oak/cork trees. Much warmer and plenty of game Had a few blank wolf drives then ended up nightvision shooting over an area next to a huge pig farm where they dumped stillborn piglets! Had a very cold night in a sleeping back on top of a water tower, but was successful in the end

You can then spend a bit of time sightseeing. Lake Ohrid very picturesque with old Knights Templar churches etc Ohh and a very tasty local trout Which I believe is supposed to be protected....
Sounds like good trip. Been lookin. Some stuff from Spain, and looks like good level of general fitness is required. Better stop puddings for few months.