• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: Check weight

nun_hunter

Looking for a check weight for my balance scales. Quick look online shows kits of 10 or so weights for around £40 but I was hoping for one weight, 30-40 grains I guess for about £5-10? Anyone got one or know where I can get one?

AN DU RU FOX

If you have a spare set of leccys,you can use that to weigh lead shot upto whatever you need ,i calibrated my balance with upto 50g of shot and cross weighed with my leccys,someone closer can weigh some for you ,if thats any help,

Last edited:

nun_hunter

My only concern is knowing how accurate any electronic scales are! At least with bought weights you know what tolerances they're accurate to.

spandit

As long as your scales are consistent then their accuracy isn't so important. If your scales show, say, 42.8gr and that works then it doesn't matter what the real weight is as long as you keep using the same scales.

Grinding bits off coins is against the law :D

nun_hunter

I was just going to Polish a bit off, nothing wrong with keeping them shiny ;)

I did just reset my scales to zero each time I used them but the first time I used an electric scale it showed the two weights were out by .2grains!

AN DU RU FOX

:norty:
My only concern is knowing how accurate any electronic scales are! At least with bought weights you know what tolerances they're accurate to.
thats what i was trying to say if you unscrew the pan underneath there will be some lead shot,this in mine was like powder ,i collected it and weighed it ,then i replaced with new shot.

Last edited: