Chiller / food prep area

VSS

I'm just working on submitting a grant application to Welsh Government towards the cost of a combined chiller / food prep area.
For example, a converted container or refrigerated van back, approx 14' long, divided into two areas, one for hanging carcasses and the other for butchery. Must be complete with hanging rail system, and in good working order.
Could be new or second hand.

Anyone got any ideas on prices for such a thing, or links to adverts or companies that supply them?
I've got a pretty fair idea of prices, but the more research I do in support of my application the better.

And finally: If anyone has such a thing for sale themselves, please get in touch.

tozzybum

Tim have a look at Donnington deer Managements website ,its Dave Strettons ,the DSC1 authors firm .He does all the handling/hoist equipment you could ever need .An old shipping container ,available anywhere uk wide ,the rail systems from Dave and a say Lidl or Aldi 250lb electric hoist for the biggest deer or goat and you well in .
Dave,s only 5miles from me so i could sort couriers or whatever suits .
BHRV Sevenoaks kent ,used refrigeration vehicles on 08009176578 also on t,interweb
Have a look at L.C.S Containers Burton on Trent the have a website and theres various other places near your self atb

Last edited:

VSS

Tim have a look at Donnington deer Managements website ,its Dave Strettons ,the DSC1 authors firm .He does all the handling/hoist equipment you could ever need .An old shipping container ,available anywhere uk wide ,the rail systems from Dave and a say Lidl or Aldi 250lb electric hoist for the biggest deer or goat and you well in .
Dave,s only 5miles from me so i could sort couriers or whatever suits .
BHRV Sevenoaks kent ,used refrigeration vehicles on 08009176578 also on t,interweb
Have a look at L.C.S Containers Burton on Trent the have a website and theres various other places near your self atb
Thanks Iain, will have a look at those.

Freeforester

Why grant funded - why not go for it yourself? You'll tie yourself in red tape for years if you accept their shilling, imo.