Chiller refurb

AB54

Hello ... I use a commercial fridge (drinks chiller) for hanging roe but the coating on one of the internal panels has started to flake. Think I need to sand this panel down and recoat it. Any suggestions what type paint/coating I should use for this? Thank you!

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

Olaf

Hello ... I use a commercial fridge (drinks chiller) for hanging roe but the coating on one of the internal panels has started to flake. Think I need to sand this panel down and recoat it. Any suggestions what type paint/coating I should use for this? Thank you!

Your best bet is to just take it to a spray shop and get them to powder coat it ( powder coating is reasonably cheap and very durable) Try to find a small business where you can just drop it off and pop back the next day, rather than some large factory.
If I took something like that to my local chap , I doubt it would cost more than £20.
Kindest regards, Olaf

AB54

Your best bet is to just take it to a spray shop and get them to powder coat it ( powder coating is reasonably cheap and very durable) Try to find a small business where you can just drop it off and pop back the next day, rather than some large factory.
If I took something like that to my local chap , I doubt it would cost more than £20.
Kindest regards, Olaf
Thank you Olaf.

Ben P

If you are after a quick fix yourself this paint would probably be more than capable and adheres well to loads of surfaces.

I used it for woodwork in my larder and it’s lasting well and stands up to getting regularly hosed down.

Regards

BP

sikadog

Try and stay away from oil based paints because of the smell, acrilic paint will do the job a quick sand and paint and away you go.

AB54

Try and stay away from oil based paints because of the smell, acrilic paint will do the job a quick sand and paint and away you go.
Thank you for your suggestions. I've ordered some acrylic paint (which has been approved for kids toys). Will let you know how I get on.