Christened the rifle

Out with BASC last night on the Hockwold scheme. Spent a good portion on the range zeroing the new rifle (2nd hand but new to me) ahead of DSC1 next month.

We got to the stalking ground with about an hour of light left, the foliage was high with the rides trimmed so stalking along the rides looking for glimpses of activity.
In the first ride a little muntjac doe appeared but was meandering left to right so kick the sticks out and wait, only didn't realise I wasn't on the sticks correctly so a clean miss over the top of the doe and off it scattered.

Feeling shame and disappointment we carried on and tried to see if we could call some roe in but alas to no avail.

As we are walking back we continue to look down the rides, 2 muntjac right at the end over 300y not worth the hassle with the dying light so we carry on, suddenly a muntjac in thick cover of to the right hand side of the ride so again we set up and wait, this time on the sticks correctly then she popped put and presented a clean H/L shot. Dropped where she was a respectable 87y.

Annoyed about missing the first but as I know where I went wrong I'm happy enough to call it a learning experience. At least the freezer is starting to fill up although still not had a shot on a roe yet!

Attachments

• 20210716_090655.jpg
    20210716_090655.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 1,769
Finally! Great work and well deserved. Every stalk is a different learning experience. Most importantly, enjoy the venison!

Finally! Great work and well deserved. Every stalk is a different learning experience. Most importantly, enjoy the venison!
Yes definitely! And happy I've been able to have another go skinning and butchering although now just missing the gralloching which I'm hoping I can do in the not to distant future

Yes definitely! And happy I've been able to have another go skinning and butchering although now just missing the gralloching which I'm hoping I can do in the not to distant future
Well done, why did you not clean it out yourself as you had it right in front of you?

Oh :eek: How did the zeroing go? Did the guy get involved ? what rounds did you end up using?
Yeah he did took a little while but we got there in the end, was Rimington accutip as that was all that was available when I went to the shop

Well done mty ,see you were on the range a bit how far off was the first shot be nice to know how that laser works at 100 .
:thumb:

About 20 clicks until we got to the paper mate then just some refining
20 = 5.5-6 inches low'ish then maybe i'll keep the laser lol ! happy days, bet Mr badge man was knocking one out over that pmsl .all sorted now perfect you keep this up your need to change your tag to steady Eddie well done again keep it up.
Paul

20 = 5.5-6 inches low'ish then maybe i'll keep the laser lol ! happy days, bet Mr badge man was knocking one out over that pmsl .all sorted now perfect you keep this up your need to change your tag to steady Eddie well done again keep it up.
Paul
Haha cheers mate! Was handy having your help he even commented the scope wa since and secure

Back