• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: chrony spares parts

Eddie P

Somehow (on the first time out) I've managed to loose the shorter section of a rod for my chrony chronograph.
Does anyone have some spares after one failed / got destroyed?
If you've got some spare sunscreens I'd take those too just in case.

Yorric

I didn't like the screen / post bits on my Chrony , so I fixed it inside a plastic box with holes cut in the ends to shoot through, I fitted 12V LED lights on underside of the top lid, shining down on the sensors through diffuser screens. It now works a treat in any light conditions & is even shower proof.
The only downside is that it is now a bigger unit to carry & store.

Ian

Eddie P

I saw your post about that. It's a bit impractical for me to set mine up like that.
Thanks for the advice.
Do you have the rods? Would you part with them?

Yorric

Hi Eddie, Sorry, I want to keep the legs but you can easily make replacements from welding rods. Just knock off the flux & rub them down with emery cloth.
Ian

Eddie P

Hi Eddie, Sorry, I want to keep the legs but you can easily make replacements from welding rods. Just knock off the flux & rub them down with emery cloth.
Ian
It's the short rod with the brass part that is missing. (Sods law) Otherwise I'd have tried that.