Chubb Multi Gauge

Ferryman

Hi Guys

I am looking for an idea as to the value of a Chubb Multigauge shotgun micrometer bore gauge.

It is in very good condition in it's original box.and covers both imperial and metric measurements.

Many thanks130040Bore Gauge 1.jpg130041Bore Gauge 1.jpg

Tim.243

Looks like it only for 16/12bore with the sizes..... If it were me I would nip down to a gun smith not a gun selling shop and see if his eye brow moves....!

With so many M/C guns then the fixed choke SxS is the only target...

To buy new a tidy price but have in mind what it owes you for a trade in what you use etc....

As you asked £65.00 would be my guess.

Tim.243

reiver

They are often for sale at Holts I don’t know if it’s the same ones every time ??

Blackdog

Just for info, the chubb is used to measure bore diameter from the breach end to determine wear, it can also be used to measure chokes. Yours is in great condition and will measure 12/16/20 bore. I paid £240 for min about 3 years ago from E Bay

Pip59

It has setting rings for 12, 16 and 20 bore. It's not just for measuring chokes, it will measure the bore diameter as well. It can, of course, be used to very precisely determine the degree of choke unlike the so-called choke gauges you put in the muzzle. That looks like a fairly recent piece of kit (setting rings are metric by the look of it) and in very tidy order. It's worth a heck of a lot more than £65.00!!!!!! Look at the results for these things in the Holt's sales - you will be surprised.

Ferryman

Thanks Pip59 Yes Metric and imperial the paperwork (Instructions) are on Hellis Beesley & watson headed paper.
I just saw that one sold at Bonhams for £600