CLA GAME FAIR: Where's my ticket?

alasdair

CLA GAME FAIR: Where's my ticket? Matter resolved! see my later post.

CLA GAME FAIR: Where's my ticket?

Last Sunday, 7th July I purchased my ticket via the Fair web-site and got the acknowledgement below:

RAGLEY HALL 19 - 21 JULY 2013
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE

CLA Game Fair 2013Friday 19 July - Sunday 21 July 2013

Ragley Hall

Thank you for your purchase

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx
We hope you enjoy CLA Game Fair 2013, Friday 19th - Sunday 21st July 2013 at Ragley Hall. An email confirmation will be sent to you at xx@xxxxx.com
Please ensure that you check your spam mail box for confirmation, as some mail providers will send unknown emails automatically to the spam folder.

Your payment of £25.00 has been accepted and your booking reference is xxxxxxx

Ticket details

• £25.00 - One Day Ticket - Friday OAP
You have chosen email delivery which is free of charge.

An email containing your ticket as an attachment will be sent to you shortly to xx@xxxxxxx.com
Please open the attachment and print the ticket.
Email support: [EMAIL="support@yourticketbooking.com"]support@yourticketbooking.comReturn to CLA Game Fair

NEWSLETTERDon't miss out on all the latest news, offers and updates
HOTELSClick here to book your accommodation

siteseal_gd_3_h_l_m.gif
siteseal_gd_3_h_l_m.gif

(I've removed my full name and e-mail address, which were all correct, as are the ticket details)

Happily I saved a copy of the web-page,
as I have since received neither e-mail confirmation or ticket. The money, however went out of my account the same day - 7th July.

I have twice e-mailed support@yourticketbooking.com, but received no reply.

When I purchased my ticket for the GWCT Scottish Game Fair, which used the same company, my ticket was provided instantaneously.

When I rang the CLA itself I was told that the ticket company was very busy.

So my question is should I be concerned?
&
if yes, what can I do about it?

Have others had the same problem and will the e-mail eventually arrive?

​thanks, alasdair.

Last edited:
Bit of a long shot but have you checked your Junk folder just in case your computer thought it was spam?

Bit of a long shot but have you checked your Junk folder just in case your computer thought it was spam?

Sorry, I should have posted that I have checked it daily. And, my programme is set up not put anything in junk/trash without my telling it to do so.

​ alasdair.

I have not had my tickets through yet and they are the comps for the gundog display arena. Non of the Working gundog handlers have had theirs yet it could be chaos on Thursday when we all turn up ticketless.

Hi

As an exhibitor, I had concerns, until our tickets arrived only last Thursday. Without stating the obvious, maybe the organisers are behind on sending them out.

mak.

No, I wouldn't be worried. Take the email you did receive together with proof of payment and it will get sorted on the day. Just as easyjet state that you need to check-in online and take your boarding pass with you, if you do turn up without it they will not turn you away.
Processing that many tickets, they can be forgiven for a few errors.

did't bother this year, we are getting there at silly o'clook to get a good parking spot and get a brew on then soon as it opens we shall buy and walkin

Hi

As an exhibitor, I had concerns, until our tickets arrived only last Thursday. Without stating the obvious, maybe the organisers are behind on sending them out.

mak.

Mak, did you have to pay for your tickets, or were they free? The CLA seem to be charging exhibitors this year for their staffs entry, but Im not sure if they are fleecing everyone, or just the smaller guys.

I booked mine this morning and tickets came through straight away, call the box office and give them your reference number.
ATB
​Dom

Mak, did you have to pay for your tickets, or were they free? The CLA seem to be charging exhibitors this year for their staffs entry, but Im not sure if they are fleecing everyone, or just the smaller guys.

I dont think they are charging for the Staff tickets.

We did not pay for ours. As per normal we received the 15 tickets.

Hi Alasdair

I've had exactley the same experiance as you, e-mailed them twice no reply yet!!!!!

Chris

I have e-mailed them again and given them another e-mail address they can use as well - but, still no reply.

Rang the Game Fair HQ and asked for help - they sighed!
I asked if i was the only one haveing this difficulty - "I wish!" they said.

The ticket company has now moved into the game fair office - so the CLA folk spoke to them and a few minutes later Abby from the ticket agency rang me back (CLI = "international" so they are with-holding their own telephone number!). I gave her my booking reference number which she appeared to be able to look up and quoted my e-mail address and said she was sending my ticket again by e-mail as we spoke. Unsurprisingly it still has not arrived.

However Abby did say if I printed a copy of the web-page acknowledgement of my booking with the reference number that would be exchanged for a ticket at the gate. A good job I had saved a copy of the web-page, otherwise I'd have nothing!

The CLA folk themselves have said they will stand by that.

Must admit to being disapointed to be having this unexpected hassle! I live a distance away (Scotland) and plan to visit my brother before the Fair - so trying get this sorted before I leave home.

I'll keep y'all posted.

​ alasdair.

Well I did exactley what you did Alasdair first thing this morning, rang the CLA office direct, the ticket company (REDBOX) rang me back within a couple of minutes, checked my e-mail address, checked my reference & surprise surprise as of 5 minutes ago no e-mail.

So I will be taking my printed payment confirmation to the box office on the day.

Chris

Seems most folks, who ordered for delivery by e-mail, got their tickets instantly.

24 hours after being assured over the phone by Abby of yourticketbooking.com that she was sending my ticket as we spoke, I still had no ticket.

So I e-mailed support@yourticketbooking.com for the fourth time, this time with a copy to the CLA itself.

I got a prompt response from Ms Burton at the CLA, acknowledging receipt and saying that she had asked the ticket line to contact me.
Thank you to CLA and Ms Burton for your reply.

Followers of this thread will not be surprised to hear that I still have no acknowledgement, e-mail or ticket from yourticketbooking.com

​ alasdair.

double stand allocation was 15 (5 staff for 3 days (1 per day) and 2 car passes. Any extra had to be paid for and as we have 9 staff attending over the show duration we had to pay for an extra tickets. Only specific free allocation with stand, subject to stand size. Bearing in mind that some of the visitors require careful watching, it may look like a lot of tickets, but it's not. 2 car passes are insufficient. Not everyone stays on site.

Last edited:
I was beginning to wonder whether my tickets might come through, after 2 days of waiting. Looks like I will have to chase as well.

Back