Clean or not to clean

Conh

Yes! if you dont your going to do far more chamber cleaning ! brass expands to be a tight fit in the chamber on firing then relaxes , leaving crud behind .
Do i need to point out that chambers need cleaning on a rifle even when you dont introduce more crud ?

Only looking for MOA ? well MOA is 1/60th of a single degree , so yeah everything matters accuraccy wise . Thats before we think of the crud in your chamber holding moisture and rusting
I’m sorry but I can’t agree with your comments. Look up what Erik cortina has to say on the subject.

Bowland blades

I’m sorry but I can’t agree with your comments. Look up what Erik cortina has to say on the subject.
i think you need to quote that which you are talking about because he has made a lot of writing about stuff , some of it good some not so good over the years . You dont state what you actually disagree with anyhow

Cooter

The main advantage I found with cleaning the brass is that it is easier to see cracks/splits in the case.

I used to clean the cases (and everything else) more when I was using Varget, as the cases,chamber and barrel were always full of soot.
With the modern Vhit powders, which tend to contain detergent/cleaners, I don't see the problem any more, so there is a choice is to just check/clean the inside of the neck and the primer pocket in order to keep the crud out of the sizing dies.

ChesterP

People are pretty entrenched in what they choose to do themselves, and you'll never convince some to clean or not to clean. It's a personal thing. I treat a rifle as I would any other tool that I value, and for reasons of reliability and consistency, the chamber, barrel and the bolt are cleaned after every outing. It takes a few minutes. A surprising amount of crud and carbon can build up in the chamber over time if not cleaned and that's not a good thing.