Close but no cigar

31A620EF-D8FF-4234-8D10-A456780B8B81.jpg
Went for a stalk last night looking for a Muntjac or small cull Roebuck , after about an hour Freya came on point and a vixen I have been after for a while eventually was dropped. I continued stalking till last light but the only deer seen was a small Muntjac which was using my pickup as a hiding place !! Pleased with the vixen though as the birds arrive next week.

Tim.243

View attachment 99495
Went for a stalk last night looking for a Muntjac or small cull Roebuck , after about an hour Freya came on point and a vixen I have been after for a while eventually was dropped. I continued stalking till last light but the only deer seen was a small Muntjac which was using my pickup as a hiding place !! Pleased with the vixen though as the birds arrive next week.

A good effort needs a reply....Well done. As most of the members as fussing over some other carp as usual.

Tim.243

Tim.243

FISH BOY

The birds come next week on my syndicate shoot so was out with some of the other guns Saturday night after Charlie.

Working in teams, I was on spotting duty and watched in amazement an older gun totally miss an 80 yard sitter. After that saw nothing the rest of the night.

Highlandsjohn

The birds come next week on my syndicate shoot so was out with some of the other guns Saturday night after Charlie.

Working in teams, I was on spotting duty and watched in amazement an older gun totally miss an 80 yard sitter. After that saw nothing the rest of the night.

Do you think he missed this sitting charlie because he was an 'older gun' or just a lousy shot since he was a young gun.john

FISH BOY

Do you think he missed this sitting charlie because he was an 'older gun' or just a lousy shot since he was a young gun.john

Sorry wasn't trying to be ageist, he is an older and more established member of the syndicate than I, and out of respect I nominated myself for spotting duties.

I could see that he was pleased with that, as probably the first time his rifle has been out of the cabinet in months.

His excitement probably got the better of him which resulted in a complete miss as we saw the impact (RHS) and then the vixen bolt across the field.

Hey ho

Highlandsjohn

Sorry wasn't trying to be ageist, he is an older and more established member of the syndicate than I, and out of respect I nominated myself for spotting duties.

I could see that he was pleased with that, as probably the first time his rifle has been out of the cabinet in months.

His excitement probably got the better of him which resulted in a complete miss as we saw the impact (RHS) and then the vixen bolt across the field.

Hey ho

No probs Fish Boy,only yanking your chain,kudos on sitting it out :old:.john

unicorn71, well done on the fox :thumb:I've spoiled a few nights on the roe in favour of old charlie. john

Last edited: