Clulite sneaky beam ir

dawnbreaker

Anyone ever used these with a pard 007 and has it gave the image more definition, I struggling to get a clear image at 50 yrds I've followed the recommendations for setting it up but to no avail still grainy, for example rabbits eyes merge into one bright blur, I'm using hawke vantage 4-12×50 ao, I've tried parallax at 10 yrds and up to 200 lol but still no joy is there something I'm missing, I've only just started using it on fri last week, any help will be greatly appreciated, I sure this has been done to death sorry guys 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤞🤞🤞

Yeah definitely on mate, is hard to make out definition, I set my scope ocular down at 4 mag and got the ret into focus then followed the protocol for the 007 and have tried parallax adjustments through the whole range , i might try Bruce's recommendation for sfp and turn the mag up to 12 and go through the process again

Are you having problems using the PARD onboard IR or the Clulite Sneaky Beam IR?
If it's the Clulite, then I'm not surprised - it uses an LED rather than a laser and you really need a laser IR to get the PARD to work well.

Cheers

Bruce

I pulled it out maybe to far as to me it gives a very small narrow field of view but ill try pulling it out in small increments next time I'm out which is quite often see if that helps cheers

Are you having problems using the PARD onboard IR or the Clulite Sneaky Beam IR?
If it's the Clulite, then I'm not surprised - it uses an LED rather than a laser and you really need a laser IR to get the PARD to work well.

Cheers

Bruce
No Bruce haven't used the clulite was just wondering, so yeah its the onboard ir, should I set my ret focus on 12mag for sfp or 4 mag then follow the set up protocol cheers

I've pulled it fully out but haven't looked at anything at 50 yrds with it just really seeing what range I could see to maybe try that at closer range next time I'm out cheers

If it's an sfp scope adjust the reticle focus with the mag set at x12 , but the problem you are describing is not down to what scope mag you adjusted the reticle focus at - there's something different going on.
As has been said, pull the IR focus out as far as it will go (that gives the tightest beam) and make sure you have the PARD on IR3
At 50 yards, the AO on the scope will need to be set almost as low as it will go before the image comes into focus.

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks Bruce I will give this a go tonight, the pard unit is working 💯 so no issues with that a crystal clear image , I'll report back after I've tried it out cheers 👊👊

Some Vantage scopes seem to have issues with the Pard, mine did, tried it on a sidewinder totally different story, everything sharp and clear with the onboard IR and 10x better with PBIR L.

Some Vantage scopes seem to have issues with the Pard, mine did, tried it on a sidewinder totally different story, everything sharp and clear with the onboard IR and 10x better with PBIR L.
Been also looking at vantage sf 3-12×44 ever hear of these sidewinder is out of my budget atm as it went on the pard

Cheers

Ken

Back