Collection tags?

HDShark

Does a deer need to be tagged when a dealer comes to collect? i've got a single stag getting picked up tomo....the only eer in the larder, but having never had deer collected before I'm not sure if I should tag it, or the driver will do it. Normally when I've dropped deer off directly with the larder before I fill in a tag there.

Dexter

Does a deer need to be tagged when a dealer comes to collect? i've got a single stag getting picked up tomo....the only eer in the larder, but having never had deer collected before I'm not sure if I should tag it, or the driver will do it. Normally when I've dropped deer off directly with the larder before I fill in a tag there.
There's only one person who could declare it as fit for the human food chain and therefore sign the tag!

HDShark

Thanks but wasn't asking who needs to sign the tag, I wanted to know if it was acceptable to fill a tag in and attach on collection or if it is a requirement to be done before they arrive.

Dexter

Thanks but wasn't asking who needs to sign the tag, I wanted to know if it was acceptable to fill a tag in and attach on collection or if it is a requirement to be done before they arrive.
That's not what you asked though HD. I quote: "I'm not sure if I should tag it, or the driver will do it. "

HDShark

Yeah, will the driver stick the tag on and I sign it, which is how it works when I drop off at the game dealers...

Dexter

Yeah, will the driver stick the tag on and I sign it, which is how it works when I drop off at the game dealers...
That would appear to be a different set up to that which I'm use to HD. There are quite a few details that go on a tag and it's your responsibility to ensure that they're correct. Just do it yourself and be done with it. At least you then know that everything is filled in correctly and signed. I would have thought that the driver would rather not wait for carcass tags to be filled out when it could have been done before hand by the person who actually inspected the carcass.

HDShark

Ok cheers, I'll need to sort some tags out today then. Just wondered if maybe they'd want their own tags on the beasts so there is some uniformity in their larder. All a bit of a mystery to me as I'm 99% recreational with only the odd deer to sell on.

Midgemagnet

the driver will give you tags mate. Simpson game use their own anyway. if your not there write the details on a bit of paper and sign it until he gives you some

bogtrotter

Ok cheers, I'll need to sort some tags out today then. Just wondered if maybe they'd want their own tags on the beasts so there is some uniformity in their larder. All a bit of a mystery to me as I'm 99% recreational with only the odd deer to sell on.
In Scotland dealers normally supply the tags when he collects just ask for some tags for

Most want their own tags but as you don't have any better to put one of your own on.