Combines in action

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

Cyres

Driving up from Yeovil on Weds I saw a MF combine in a big field of barley and the two adjacent fields were baled. Very early unless it is for crimping. Last week noticed lots of pigeons on the wire above cereals so looks like a potentially v early harvest.

D

Cyres

No but that farm is just up the road from me. Difficult to say if the barley is ready or dead as its been extremely dry in our area and winter planted on S facing banks has been well and truly baked. The fields I saw being cut were just outside Taunton.

D

bruce w

my son grows a few oats, and they have just started to push up spears ,though we are usualy 2 months behind ,the long day light helps growing crops

Cyres

Never seen so much oats been grown as this year, big acreage been grown around us and looks very healthy.

D

SaltLick

No but that farm is just up the road from me. Difficult to say if the barley is ready or dead as its been extremely dry in our area and winter planted on S facing banks has been well and truly baked. The fields I saw being cut were just outside Taunton.

D
Hi I'm in Taunton - would you be able to be more specific please? I've not been able to get out much lately!!

270TOMMY

pretty normal to harvest barley in the south of england this time of year cornwall usually starts on the 1st of july,i have noticed a lot of oats this year.

Cyres

On the Yeovil road just outside Taunton cann't remember exactly as infrequent user of the road.

D

happyhunt

will be pigeon shooting this time next week near to oswestry with some friends from germany , has anyone started cutting down there yet ?????

Territory Hunting