Competence Awareness Day, East Kilbride, 2nd March 2013

csl

Administrator
Site Staff

Competence Awarness Day.JPG
Competence Awareness Day
Saturday 2nd March 2013
Alistair McCoist Centre Greenhills East Kilbride.

09:30 -13:00
Indoor session content:

1. The law - the legal basis for the use of firearms and the controlling of wild deer. (Andrew Treadaway)
  2. Stalking techniques and taking the shot – an overview of stalking techniques, points of aim and the reaction of the deer to shot. (Colin Young)
  3. Deer biology and ecology - the life, habitat requirements and behaviour of the six species of wild deer. (Andrew Treadaway)
  4. Deer identification – Being able to identify the six species of deer normally found in the wild in the UK, both sexes in summer and winter coat. (David Quarrell)

1300- 1400 Lunch (Will be provided with refreshments)

14:00 -17:00
Outdoor session content:

1. Safety- handling firearms and other tools and equipment in a simulated stalking environment. This includes the use of knives and extraction equipment where appropriate. (Robert Sharp)
  2. Shooting - the ability to shoot accurately and consistently in a simulated stalking environment. (Paul Adkins Alex Paul)
  3. Trained Hunter - the inspection of carcasses and the legal requirements. (Paul Adkins, Alex Paul)

Telephone 01356 624566 for more information or,

Download the booking form:

View attachment Competence Awarness Day Booking Form.pdf

Deposit cheque payable to LDNS

Send form and cheque to:

Dalhousie Estates
Dalhousie Estates Office
Brechin
Angus DD9 6SG

Head the envolope For the attention of Richard Cook

Download the schedule:

View attachment Competence Awarness Day Shedule.pdf

Last edited:
TT, On booking a place there is a £10 deposit which I am told will be refunded on your attendance at the event. This is confirmed on the booking form. For anybody new to the sport or having experience but shying away from taking level 1/2 a very worthwhile day.

This day will be run in two separate sections the theory (in a class room ) and a practical section will be out in the countryside. The participants will be split in to two groups each group will do a Theory and a practical. One of the groups will start with the practical and then swap with the other group at lunch time.
This is an open day and anyone can attend and it is free for all who attend. May i say at this time places are limited so if you are interested contact the emails on the notice or PM me through the site. If any one has any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Hi dave & robert this looks like it will be a good day just what is required(excenllant)If you are doing your L2 be quick & book your place.

Robert you can just fill in the form i think it is responsible that some one like your self is making sure that they keep up with there CPD.:oops:

Last edited:
I have had a few enquiries asking were they send the check and booking form to.
cheque payable to LDNS
Dalhousie Estates
Dalhousie Estates Office
Brechin
Angus DD9 6SG

This day is a limited event at the moment it is just over 50% booked. Anyone thinking of taking up any of the qualification to reach required competency levels would be advised to go on a day like this. It is free and long established deer stalkers will be on hand to answer any questions.
The event will have a deer officer from SNH who will answer any question any one might have about the deer code and standards. Forestry Enterprise will have some on on hand to demonstrate the risk assessment process covering deer management . They will also answer question on how to bid for FC leases.

Competence Awareness Day, East Kilbride, 2nd March 2013

attachment.php

Competence Awareness Day
Saturday 2nd March 2013
Alistair McCoist Centre Greenhills East Kilbride.

09:30 -13:00
Indoor session content:

1. The law - the legal basis for the use of firearms and the controlling of wild deer. (Andrew Treadaway)
  2. Stalking techniques and taking the shot – an overview of stalking techniques, points of aim and the reaction of the deer to shot. (Colin Young)
  3. Deer biology and ecology - the life, habitat requirements and behaviour of the six species of wild deer. (Andrew Treadaway)
  4. Deer identification – Being able to identify the six species of deer normally found in the wild in the UK, both sexes in summer and winter coat. (David Quarrell)

1300- 1400 Lunch (Will be provided with refreshments)

14:00 -17:00
Outdoor session content:

1. Safety- handling firearms and other tools and equipment in a simulated stalking environment. This includes the use of knives and extraction equipment where appropriate. (Robert Sharp)
  2. Shooting - the ability to shoot accurately and consistently in a simulated stalking environment. (Paul Adkins Alex Paul)
  3. Trained Hunter - the inspection of carcasses and the legal requirements. (Paul Adkins, Alex Paul)

Telephone 01356 624566 for more information or,

Contact Richarddalhousieestates@btinternet.com
Or Contact usdavid.quarrell@sldg.co.uk

Download the booking form:

Deposit cheque payable to LDNS

Send form and cheque to:

Dalhousie Estates
Dalhousie Estates Office
Brechin
Angus DD9 6SG

Download the schedule:

Last edited by csl; 20-11-2012 at 09:34.​

Well it looks like we now have a full compliment of interested people taking part in the first ever (CAD )Competence awareness Day. Thank you to all who have sent there forms to me or to Mr Cooke at the LDNS office. Any one that has sent there forms in over the last two or three days will be given a place. Any one else wanting to go to a similar day please pm as i am sure if this is a success there will be days run in the future. If there are any cancelations i will put the avaiabluilty on the sight.

David (SLDG)

Just an update on the CAD (Competence Awareness Day) in Eastkilbride the weather i am told will be dry with a cold wind so any one coming to the event make sure you have suitable clothing. (RAP UP WELL). The start time is 9 am and i would like every one there for that time please. (Keep the Garish combat clothes to a minimum or do what i do and just avoid them on days like this.
Do not !! bring your own rifle you will not have a chance to use it everything is supplied on the day.
Bring a note pad a paper and make sure you ask as many questions as possible.

Any one with special dietary needs will need to bring there own food and drink as this is a full day event.

David Quarrell (SLDG)

The Day is nearly here and i look forward to seeing every one. Might i just say if any one has any questions regards this day please can they PM me and i will clear any of there concerns up.

Back