Contessa mounts for Blaser r8

Uncle f

Has anyone any experience of the contessa mounts sold by Alan rhone? I have several barrels for the r8 and want to fit N/V scope to the .223 and don't really fancy shelling out another £400 for the blazer saddle mount system

Regards Steve

scotch_egg

From my research on this subject I have come to the conclusion the picatinny rails come loose and don't keep zero. As an alternative to both contessa and factory Blaser i have been recommended gunstar. These are manufactured in Europe but retailed through a chap called bojan in the states. I have yet to purchase any myself but they are on the shopping list.

mchughcb

I've got Bojan's mounts. They are extremely good quality and I've had a few years of great service from them. You will find the over centre cam hooks on them are less sensitive than the blaser (recknagel) mounts. What this means is they will handle any slight difference between your barrels without requiring adjustment. This is important if you want a nice tight fit if you move your mounts from your 223 to your 308 with needing the special blaser screwdriver.

I realise that this subject is old but I'm about to buy a r8 and I'm looking to buy a mount for it. I've looked at the blazer mount but wow it's expensive but I'm sure there's something just as good but less expensive. I see you have had the above mounts. Are they as reliable as the blaser ones and do they return to zero? Also can you remember if they are shipped from the USA?
Regards
Ian

Uncle f

Ian

Just get the Blaser saddle mount mate and be done with it bud they are superb. I’ve tried contessa and there ok but won’t return to zero

The other system to look at is the innomount system sold by optic trade eu but even then they are £350+.

I now have 3 blasers (2 R8’s and a K95) and three mounts and scopes all blaser mounts mate buy once cry once.

Regards Steve

philip

I use the QD Blaser/ tier one with picatinny and I’ve never had problem changing from day to NV scopes zero has never shifted, best system out there IMO brings my NV right to the sweet shooting point '

Tried the contessa and sent it back due to not seating on the barrel correctly, bit toooooo much metal underneath on the QD bit

EMcC

I have a couple of Blaser mounts and also a MAK mount. The MAK mount was bought from Ian Mulliner and wasn't as expensive as the Blaser mounts, all return to zero when moved from the barrel and returned.

SGArms

I had a drone on the R8 with a contessa. It ended up like a banana kept losing zero! I used the tier one..much better but too high and not extended rear enough for me.. the Zruncho one from eBay is spot on as said above